Local Talk

Toddler Groups in Southsea?

(9 Posts)
Trojan1970 Mon 28-Nov-11 13:09:32

Hi there - does anyone know of any parent and toddler groups in Southsea? Thanks

NewTsarinaOnTheBlock Mon 28-Nov-11 17:14:40
Garden4me Thu 01-Dec-11 20:00:13

There are lots of good quality groups via the sure start centres, unfortunately they aren't very good at web sites!
Try the havelock centre, fawcett rd, behind the bold forester pub on Albert rd. they will be able to give you more info on other centres too and have a reception. The play assistant is lovely.

Trojan1970 Mon 05-Dec-11 13:58:37

Thanks Girls. Someone else had recommended Havelock Centre so will have a look down there. I lived in Fawcett Road for several years, I don't why I didn't think of looking there! Nappy brain!

MumofMatty Thu 02-Feb-12 13:01:31

We have just moved to the area. I have a DS who is 19 months. We have started going go to the Southsea Library Rhyme Time. Are there any other things like that around? Does anyone go to the Soft Play area at the Pyramids? Is it any good? I took a look but wasn't too sure about it.

GemmaJiggywrigglers Thu 09-Feb-12 21:05:50

Hello!! We are a musical activity group running sessions in the Portsmouth area!! We run fun, sociable and affordable groups for babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers!!!

No signing up
Pay weekly
Siblings go free
Free refreshments
No joining fees!!!

"Come and join our musical adventure as we sing songs, jiggy to music and wriggle to rhymes. We have musical instruments, sensory activities, bags full of surprises and puppets a plenty" There is also time for free play and refreshments to make it a truly sociable group. Most of our groups are for mixed ages and are suitable for all under 5's. We also offer baby groups that are great for new mums!...

To provide children with fun, upbeat sessions. Sessions they enjoy, sessions that keep them active, sessions parents can be involved in!!

Nominated for 'whats on 4 little ones 2012'

Different types of groups available:

Babies- from birth-12 months
Mixed Ages- From birth to 6yrs (These classes are designed for parents that have children of mixed ages. They are also for the babies to move onto once they have reached 12 months!)
Jiggy Juniors- 4-6 yrs!

Current sessions in Southse:

Friday- The Holy Spirit Church, Fawcett Road, Southsea 13.30-14.20 babies £3.50 per family, 14.30-15.15 mixed ages group £3.80 per family (if you need to rush off to do the school run at 3 no probs as the free play starts at 3 so you would olny miss 15 minutes of free play!)

JoKempster Thu 23-Feb-12 23:11:33

Hi, I have a DS who is 20 months, and have just started going to Southsea Library Rhyme time too! There's a soft play place on the seafront at Clarence Pier called Pirate Petes, it's £1.50 for a child under 2, so cheaper than the Pyramids soft play (have been there once) and better for younger ones I think.
I am on the lookout for new toddler groups, I used to go to baby groups when DS was little but since I went back to work part-time I haven't been to any for ages.
I have just found details of an NCT one online, so I might try that one -
"every Wednesday from 9.30-11.15am, held at The Lodge, which is on the grounds of Ferhurst Junior School, opposite number 27 Heidelberg Road, Southsea. It is a very friendly drop-in group for babies, toddlers, pre-schoolers & their parents/carers. Tea/coffee & snacks are on offer and there are plenty of toys, craft and songs to keep little ones amused. All welcome - no need to be an NCT member. £1 per family."

NewTsarinaOnTheBlock Sat 25-Feb-12 19:23:09

I use havelock centre on a Monday there is a toy library. There is a parent & toddler group at Trinity church on Albert road which does a messy activity too on a Tuesday morning and Tiny Tots on a Friday at St Peters church hall in Somerstown.

MumofMatty Fri 02-Mar-12 21:24:54

We have started going to the Havelock Centre on Friday mornings to "Music Mad". They also do it on Thursday mornings. Both days it says it is on from 10-11 but it seems to go on until 11:30am. They put out toys to play with to begin with then the music starts at 10:20am. For most songs they put a different bucket in the middle of the circle for the toddlers to have something to dance with. For example: Wheels on the Bus the are ribbons, for Head Shoulder, Knees & Toes there are soft bean bags. Then afterwards they can sit at little tables, a juice cup and biscuit for the toddlers for the Mum's/Dad's/Granny's there is a mug of coffee or tea and a biscuit. Also some crayons and colouring is on the tables for the toddlers. The toys are brought out again. Then people seem to finish at about 11:30. A great way to spend a morning!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now