Local Talk

south ribble / preston - stuff to do

(8 Posts)
alexandra25 Thu 07-Apr-11 14:53:46

Hi does anyone know of any good groups or places for mums and toddlers that aren't too expensive in the south ribble area during the day.

suzit Thu 07-Apr-11 15:05:11

Try Bamber Bridge leisure centre.
They have a mums and babes swimming session and a jumpin jacks session which is like a toddler gymnastics thing with a bouncy castle. it's only cheap i think. Cant remember the exact price but my little boy loved it and the staff are really friendly.

melliebobs Wed 13-Apr-11 08:44:22

at penwortham lesiure centre on a friday there is a pram/buggy walk. a 45 minute walk, then a 45 minute swim with refreshments after and it's only £1. Also if you go the leisure centre/library/council they have a 'south ribble guide' brochure that lists all the community activities between now and september. There's things like art n craft sessions being advertised, messy plays, gardening stuff

fanjobanjowanjo Mon 25-Jul-11 12:55:34

Worden Park - they've just revamped the kids play park and it's AWESOME!

omnomnomtom Fri 19-Aug-11 20:06:08

gymninies at fulwood leisure centre is good on Weds/Fri
They do a toddler group at Holly farm soft play during term time (think it is every morning)
Lots of playgroups in Preston too - there used to be lots listed in Netmums. I go to a lovely one on Blackpool rd on Fridays you could try if that is anywhere near you?

PitterPatterChildminding Wed 27-Jun-12 22:48:37

Monday: Noah's Ark Toddler Group at St. Aidan's Church Hall, Station Rd, Bamber Bridge 9:30-11:30 £2 per family
Wednesday: Clever Tots Toddler Group at St. Aidan's School, Larch Grove, Bamber Bridge 10:00 - 11:30 £1 per child
Wednesday: Jolly Tots Toddler Group at Calvary Christian Fellowship, Ward St., Lostock Hall 9:30 - 11:30 £1.50 per family
Wednesday/Thursday: Gregson Lane Toddler Group, Community Centre, Gregson Lane 9:30 - 11:30 £1.50 per family

RainyRed Wed 13-Mar-13 16:55:46

Hiya, is this still up to date?

ChanceTurtle Sat 16-Mar-13 17:50:00

Clever Tots at the school definitely is.

Don't know about the others - they are long-established and thriving groups though, so I should imagine they are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now