Local Talk

Kingfold / Penwortham area?

(13 Posts)
las2k Tue 16-Apr-13 21:55:31

Hi,

I have a 23 week old Son. I live in the kingsfold area of Penwortham and was wondering if any mums live local? Fancy a coffee sometime? Also if anyone knows if there are any local mother and baby groups near by? I am new to the area and don't know many people round here and keen to meet new mums.

Thank you smile

AllPurposeNortherner Thu 18-Apr-13 14:05:15

Hi :-)

Hopefully someone in the area will be along soon, but you might also like to post on Mumsnet Lancashire, and remember we have listings on both sites too, although we are still filling them up, so if you find anything, please do add it grin

There is also an "official" meetup page here, where you can add your name to the list to find out about our official meetups too!

ChanceTurtle Thu 18-Apr-13 14:21:53

Hi smile

There is a weekly Baby Bounce and Rhyme session at Kingsfold Library 10.30 - 11am.

Hope you get more replies and ideas of things to do.

ChanceTurtle Thu 18-Apr-13 14:22:22

Doh! On a Friday, that should have said! blush

Heppletweeter Mon 24-Jun-13 18:25:20

Hiya, I live in lower Penwortham, I have an 18 month old and a 3 month old, and I've yet to master getting to groups with both of them... But I need to give it a go, so maybe we could meet up at a baby & toddler group?

Here is my list of groups that I've made for my own reference (might be wise to call & check stuff is on before setting out).

Groups

Monday - none known of

Tuesday

Am: semiquavers & baby group £2, 10-11.45 @ buckshaw

Storytime and Baby Bounce & Rhyme @ Penwortham library (10:30 AM to 11:00 AM)

Pm: Penwortham Methodist £1 1.30-3 (call to check)

Wednesday
Am: early days at Kingsfold CC
Am: 11-11.45 Splish splash @ hub 6.50 (inc cake)

St Leonard's toddler GP: 1.15-2.45 £1 for both in church hall in term time

Thursday:

Am:
Family Fun Stay and Play
9.30 –11.15 am
50p per child @kingsfold childrens centre

Am: 11-11.45 Splish splash @ hub 6.50 (inc cake)

Little O's Group on buckshaw

Pm: baby bounce & rhyme Every Thursday (14:15 PM to 14:45 PM)
@lostock hall library

Friday:
Am: st Mary's baby & toddler 9.45-11.30 £2 (call to check)

1030-11 baby bounce & rhyme @kingsfold library

las2k Mon 24-Jun-13 20:47:15

Hi, I am really interested in meeting up. I would like to attend the st leonards toddler group, as I am hoping to send my little boy to the school there.

I am also interested in anything at the library. But am happy to go to anything.

Where shouts in Penwortham are you? I am off Kingfold drive. Maybe we could meet sometime. smile

AllPurposeNortherner Tue 25-Jun-13 11:41:33

What a useful list, thanks! If you dont mind, Im going to list those events in the Lancashire listings. Where you have put Buckshaw, is that the hub? I'll call everywhere anyway, but good to know where and when!

Heppletweeter Mon 08-Jul-13 07:34:57

Hiya LAS2k,
Sorry my Reply is so late - my two keep me so busy!
As it's towards the end of term, some activities might be a bit sporadic as many places are term time only... There's a group meeting on this Thursday in a Preston Cafe local.mumsnet.com/preston/group-meet-ups/preston , which I'm intending on going to - Korova cafe at 10? I live off Hill Road South, not far from Kingsfold drive at all (used to live round there myself!).

AllPurposeNortherner swimming is at the hub, but the baby/ toddler groups are at the community centre. Semiquavers is particularly good, with 2 singing sessions and a large hall dedicated to a decent array of toys for all ages.

Hopefully meet you both on Thursday
Caroline

las2k Mon 08-Jul-13 08:45:01

Hiya.

No problem with late reply. I know how busy one child keeps you so can't imagine two. Hehe.

I am unsure if I can make Thurs as I take my little boy swimming on a Thurs morning. I will keep my eyes out for some others. I will try to make it to this one tho, even if I just come for an hour or so. smile

Maybe we could meet sometime maybe at booths for a coffee?

Look forward to meeting you soon :D

Heppletweeter Mon 08-Jul-13 15:27:39

No, that's fine, thought I'd suggest it on the off chance. How about next Monday morning at Booths? You choose a time (I just have to leave by 11.30 to do Ewan's dinner) smile

las2k Mon 08-Jul-13 16:18:48

Shall we say 10.00 then? Then we got a good hour. At booths, we can have a coffee. I am looking into making Thurs, so hopefully see you then smileotherwise looking forward to Monday smile

Heppletweeter Tue 09-Jul-13 05:50:08

Great (just realised that ewan is at nursery next Monday, so I'll be less harassed and rushed too!)

Caroline smile

las2k Tue 09-Jul-13 14:50:21

That's great smile my names Laura. I have long brown hair. Just incase I can't make it on Thurs. Look forward to it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now