Local Talk

JUST MOVED HERE AND LONELY...

(9 Posts)
emmaandisis Mon 17-Sep-07 09:21:02

Hi i Have just moved to Preston from Brighton and do not know anyone here. I would like to know where i can take my 19 month old daughter, if there are any good classes etc. Need to make some friends! I am 23 married and Live in Deepdale.
Any ideas?? (I also feel a little isolated.)

JOHNSTY Mon 17-Sep-07 22:28:33

mother and baby groups?

there is one in plungy every tuesday called rugrats that i have been to but they are all over the place. just keep your eyes open...

emmaandisis Tue 18-Sep-07 08:02:09

Ok thanks. Does anyone go to Fulwood leisure centre 'swimmin' or gym thingy for babies?

berney Tue 18-Sep-07 22:26:07

hi

theres a mums and toddler group every wednesday at the deepdale centre (opps sainsburys) its run by sure start. holmeslack school also have a mums and tots group every friday afternoon.

hope these help.

annieshaf Thu 20-Sep-07 20:55:40

There is a great music group called Tunies held at the church hall on Victoria Road. there are 3 sessions on a Thurs morning and i have just started with my 20 month old ds at the 10.30 session. Would really recommend it.

mumzyof2 Sun 23-Sep-07 16:41:34

Hi, i know what you mean by isolated. I live in Garstang, and very short of friends with children, all my friends are busy at university, and it gets a bit wierd sometimes trying to have a normal life, without other mums to talk to. I dont go to any baby groups, but my son (he's two and a half) goes to nurseries, but theres very little chance of making friends there, and theyre all a lot older than me. Anyway, when you want to talk, or pass time, theres always plenty of people on here. Hey, at least your near Deepdale retail park, i have to travel 20 mins to get there! grin

cheezstar Mon 01-Oct-07 15:23:40

Hiya,

I've recently moved to Preston too, live just next to Deepdale. My daughter is almost 1. Let me know if you want to get together to go to a class or swimming or even a cuppa!

Hey.
Im Donna. 21 nearly 22. From Preston, Plungington area.
I hardly get out and would like to go to a playgroup sometime but dont wanna go on my own.
If anyone wants to chat.
Feel free to send me a msg
Thanks x

angelald22 Tue 17-Nov-09 12:28:25

hiya sophie - dont feel isolated hun - its not good when you got kids, they need us to be upbeat & cheerful - (even tho sumtimes its physically & mentally impossible) lol.

try Sure start groups in & around preston - theres loads to do & u get to meet loadsa mums alike!!

Im 27 & married with 3 kids so if ya ever wanna chat - just give us a shout chic - just dont feel lonely hun. xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now