Local Talk

Primary school recommendations Woodley, Lower Earley, Wokingham

(4 Posts)
bluetoad Tue 10-May-11 22:16:23

I would be grateful for any recommendations for primary schools in the above areas. We are moving to the area soon and as we have no links to the area I have no idea about which schools have good reputations.

DS is currently in reception, so we are looking at an IYT. Ideally the school should have good pastoral care, good facilities such as ICT suite, sports hall and after school clubs. Hope this isn't a big ask as his current school ticks all these boxes. I am finding the whole process a little stressful - when we applied for his place at his current school we just went with the local village school, no trawling through websites, ofstead etc! Your views would be gratefully appreciated.

tiddlerslate Fri 29-Jun-12 11:09:45

How did you get on BlueToad?

We are looking at Woodley too and have two DD's, a year 1 and soon to be Reception.

Hope you found a good school for your DS.

kahlua4me Fri 29-Jun-12 12:02:55

my dc are at Walter Infants and St Paul's Junior in Wokingham. They fit all your criteria and I am very happy with them. dc are settled and thriving.

beachhutbetty Fri 29-Jun-12 12:10:34

If you want somewhere a bit different try The Coombes in Arborfield. There are a number of children there who travel to the school from the areas you mention. My experience of the school is very good, although I know it doesn't appeal to everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now