Local Talk

Reading School

(12 Posts)
BlueElephant90 Sun 08-Jan-12 12:58:14

My ds took a test at RS however he didn't have a good feeling about the school. We haven't got the results back yet so he might not even make it

How is it really? is it a hot house? Do they care about the students? .....

galaxymummy Sun 12-Feb-12 17:47:57

not a hot house really care brilliant education and building a canteen my son spent 7 happy years here now at first year at uni.
best person to ask is your son it suits the bright musical and sport but about 6 applicants per place may he be happy wherever he goes
g

mumneedhelp Sun 19-Feb-12 15:14:34

Does anyone know what extra curricular activities are available at Reading School. Also, if there are after school clubs my DS can join and participate.

BlueElephant90 Wed 29-Feb-12 17:01:13

So sorry galaxy, as there was no response for a while I stopped checking.
Thank you for the feed back, very helpful.

BlueElephant90 Sat 03-Mar-12 13:27:12

Oh! We've got the results, he's been offered a place. I am so happy smile

Milliways Mon 05-Mar-12 21:51:46

Well done! My DS is in the 6th form and still loving it smile

BlueElephant90 Wed 21-Mar-12 19:46:35

Oh! Thank you very much Milliways smile

galaxymummy Wed 28-Mar-12 20:58:13

music club science club rugby and cricket tours abroad classics club enless really congratulations

RustyBear Wed 28-Mar-12 21:15:58

Can't believe your DS is in the sixth form already, Milliways. My first MN post was congratulating you on him getting in!

aliportico Mon 11-Jun-12 08:32:24

Hi Blueelephant - I know this thread is v old, but this section is so quiet, thought I'd say hello.

My son is going to Reading in September too smile We did the open evening in y5, just the tour, and really liked it, then went back for the headmaster's talk in y6, and both came away with not such a great feeling about the place. Anyway, he still did the test and got in, and since going to the welcome evening and one session of the Literacy/PE double club they are running (is your son going to that?), he's really looking forward to it smile

BlueElephant90 Wed 10-Oct-12 09:01:48

Hi aliportico. Sorry I haven't logged in for a long time. No my son is not going to RS at the moment. I have asked around and heard some horried things so I changed my mine. I hope your son is happy there...

BlueElephant90 Wed 10-Oct-12 09:03:43

sorry I've changed my mind not mine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now