Local Talk

Finchampstead nurseries - any thoughts?

(3 Posts)
MrsMac2010 Wed 18-Jan-12 19:26:51

Hi Everyone

Looks like we are about to move to Finchampstead. There seems to be 3 'outstanding Ofsted' nurseries in the locality;
Stepping Stones, Oak Tree and Blue Bird.
They all look fantastic and i've been impressed with the people i've spoken to on the phone but I would love to gain a bit of first hand feedback.

Anyone had any good or bad experiences of these nurseries?

Thanks so much in advance.

AnnaMS Thu 02-Feb-12 16:55:07

Hi
Both my children have been to Stepping Stones (one is still there). We have been very happy with the nursery and staff. It is small and friendly and has a wonderful garden - they try to go out every day. There are plans to extend the size and increase numbers. Oak Tree was more expensive when we were looking - not sure if it still is.

Needtogetbetteratthis Wed 04-Apr-12 16:29:09

Hi,

In case you are still looking..

My DS is just settling in at Oaktree. We chose this over Stepping Stones as they seemed more flexible with hours (from 7.30) and the baby room facilities were better imo, (bigger, quieter sleeping area and more toys and more geared to younger babies). So far we are really impressed with their level of care and attention to detail. All the children seem very happy there and we are impressed with the variety of activities for different ages.

Stepping stones also seemed a very nice environment it just depends on the child I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now