Local Talk

Schools in Twyford & Theale

(6 Posts)
sallieg Sun 02-Sep-12 21:11:58

Hi

We'll be moving to the Reading in the new year and have narrowed down our search areas to Twyford or Theale. We have a 2 year old daughter so primary schools are an important consideration in our move. I am hoping to go and visit them in the next few weeks but if anyone has any info, good or bad, I would love to hear it.
Thanks
Sallie

Benyon Mon 03-Sep-12 20:59:25

Hi!
We moved to Theale 9 months ago and have a daughter who is just over 2 years old. She currently goes to Brightstart Nursery in Theale which is great and where she is really happy. The schools seem to have a good reputation here. There's Theale C of E Primary SChool and then Theale Green Community School. Do you know the area already? We didn't know it at all but we are settling in well - although I have been working full-time so it has taken some time to meet new mums. Thankfully, I am going to be working a four day week soon so I am hoping to find some local toddler groups that meet on a Friday. I can update you on any I find if you are interested?

3teenhell Tue 04-Sep-12 20:58:14

Hi
Can also say theale schools are good, my ds is now at tge secondary

sallieg Thu 06-Sep-12 20:53:22

Thank you - we're coming up on Sat to look at a couple of houses so fingers crossed. Benyon - would love to be kept in the loop as we will not know anyone in the area (aside from DH mother who lives near Bracknell!) and as we have been in Bath for 22 years going to be a bit of a shock to the system. Looking forward to it and really glad we have DD to help me make friends!

Benyon Fri 07-Sep-12 22:53:03

Will definitely keep you posted. Ah, the lovely Bath - we moved to Theale via London and Chippenham, and I went to uni in Bath so definitely have a soft spot for it. The good news is that it's no time to get back there. I go back regularly to meet with friends from uni and from my NCT group. We are not around tomorrow but if you do want to catch up for a coffee when you are next around . . . I will message you my contact details.

morenoodles Mon 19-Nov-12 16:57:49

Twyford has some good schools but they are very very over subscribed, there is talk of a new school being built in the Charvil area to try and alleviate some of the problems...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now