Local Talk

A place to have lunch with 5 under 5s near Reading

(6 Posts)
BabiesInBerkshire Sun 23-Sep-12 20:55:40

(I have also posted in days out recommendation <desperate>)
Hi,
we would like to celebrate DS's second birthday in October and are looking for a very child-friendly pub/restaurant near Reading. We are not keen to go to a soft play area but ideally would like to find a place where we can have a reasonable lunch and where the kids (a baby, 3 2 year olds and a 4 year old) can do a bit of roaming. It needs to be suitable place in case of wet weather.
Please help!

BabiesInBerkshire Tue 25-Sep-12 08:27:02

Anyone?

RunsWithScissors Tue 25-Sep-12 11:14:22

The packhorse on the a4074 (as you leave Caversham towards Oxford) is great if you have nice weather. Wonderful food, huge garden with a tractor and climbing frame.

The alto lounge in Caversham (on the main road near waitrose), isn't huge, but child friendly. They have crayons, books and lots of games. Fairly relaxed, and full of families a lot of the time.

Interested to see what other replies this gets.

:-)

BabiesInBerkshire Tue 25-Sep-12 19:14:43

Thank you Runs.
I knew about the Packhorse but the weather needs to be nice.... It's a shame because it could be ideal.

aliportico Thu 11-Oct-12 11:05:18

Always seem to be plenty of toddlers wandering freely in Carluccio's on a Saturday lunchtime!

daisydoodoo Thu 11-Oct-12 11:10:10

the jolly farmer in hurst/winnersh has just reopened they have a fab menu child friendly and a huge garden. They have animals at the bottom of the garden too.

otherwise i go for somewhere like pizza express in wokingham, always make my 4 feel welcome and don't mind children walking around as long as they arent running and getting in the way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now