Local Talk

Dolphin School

(5 Posts)
Newbiegal Thu 14-Mar-13 00:06:09

Hello
A we're moving to the area and a friend has recommended the Dolphin School to us. Does anyone have children there/have any experience that they can share with me? What do you think of the school and are your children happy? I've had a look at their website, and it looks like a lovely school...

Chickette Mon 15-Apr-13 16:06:09

It's a Montessori school, so has a very different ethos from mainstream schooling. I really recommend you go and take a look to see if it suits you and your DC.

Newbiegal Wed 05-Jun-13 10:44:33

Thanks Chickette - and sorry I've been so slow to come back and see your reply! We have been to have a look round and were really impressed. You're right - it's very quirky, but I was really taken with how confident the children were, and how much they were enjoying learning. A far cry from my dusty prep school!

Cali369 Mon 10-Jun-13 12:11:33

All 3 of my stepsons went to Dolphin, youngest is 14 and left after 11plus and from my (somewhat limited) experience it's a very good school, yes slightly quirky but in a good way. The boys all seemed to enjoy subjects and the way they were taught. There were lots of educational and fun trips, they have a strong focus on music, arts, languages and other less strictly academic subjects which meant for a more rounded education whilst not neglecting the core. Also it felt like there was a strong community associated with the school with parents and families and lots of relaxed, fun events like summer fetes etc. All 3 went on to take and pass their 11+ and are now doing very well at William Borlase Grammar in Marlow.

Newbiegal Mon 17-Jun-13 10:24:14

Hi Cali. Very interesting, thank you. Exactly the kind of answer I was looking for!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now