Local Talk

Any Cantonese or Mandarin speaking playgroups in Reading area?

(5 Posts)
sleepypig Thu 21-May-09 18:26:25

Are there any playgroups for Cantonese or Mandarin speaking children in the Reading area? I have a 2 year old daughter that I am trying to bring up bi-lingually and, as my Cantonese is pretty basic, I'm wondering if there is anything that I can get her involved in that might develop her Cantonese a bit more. I am aware that there is there is a Reading Chinese School but only for 5 yrs +.

Sanchez1 Tue 22-Mar-11 10:19:23

Hey sleepypig, my little boy has just turned three and goes to an Anglo-Spanish bilingual nursery in Fulham and they offer Mandarin Lessons for 12.5 hours a week.
At first I was a bit weary thinking it was going to be too much too soon, but I was amazed how much their little brains can take in. He comes home and sings nursery rhymes in Spanish and Mandarin; it is the cutest thing ever, I am really impressed.

Anyway the nursery is called Peques Anglo-Spanish Nursery Schools, and you can find them on:
website www.peques.co.uk
or call them on 0207 385 0055

yumcha888 Tue 20-Sep-11 08:36:05

I know thisisn't much help for Reading but in case any other Cantonese parents find this post, I've set up a Cantonese playgroup in central London where we sing a few nursery rhymes, play games and encourage the kids to make Cantonese speaking friends. Email me fiona.falcone@gmail.com if you want more details.

yumcha888 Mon 07-Nov-11 21:13:35

We've just set up a website with a bit more information on it - have a look at www.playcantonese.com

yumcha888 Thu 27-Feb-14 09:20:23

We're starting a PlayCantonese group in Reading - the first session is on Saturday, 3pm at Reading Central Library. Email berkshire@playcantonese.com for more details.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now