Local Talk

Wow - this is a quiet thread! Anyone from Berkshire/Reading want to introduce themselves?

(47 Posts)
newmomma Thu 04-Mar-10 15:55:59

Hi,

I live near Pangbourne.
Have one son (14months) and another on the way (due in May).
Thought it might be nice to see, on a more recent thread, who is 'out there'. If anyone...

grin

xxx

lexi22 Sat 13-Mar-10 17:06:48

Hi,

I'm Lexi, live just outside Reading town centre, I drive so location not an issue.

I'm due in early April with my first and just started my maternity leave. Would like to meet other mums/mums to be as most of my friends with children are that little bit older.

Lexi x

newmomma Tue 16-Mar-10 10:03:58

Hi Lexi,

Lovely to finally get a response... Seems like there must not be very many local Reading mums-to-be around! smile

You must be getting excited - not long to go for you now?

How has your pregnancy been so far? You planning to go to the RBH?

(Sorry for 20 questions!) smile

arnavsmom Sun 28-Mar-10 09:26:48

Hello!
Iam Ira, and I live in lower earley. I have a very active 2&1/2 year old boy.
i would love to make new friends here, since we just moved and iam looking for friends..
ira

biscuitsandbandages Sun 28-Mar-10 20:36:13

Hi, I've just got the exciting news that my husband has a job in Berkshire so we are hopefully moving there as soon as we sell our flat in London.

I have two little boys aged 2 and 9 weeks and am on maternity leave so it looks like I will be job hunting soon.

There is so much to think about, work, houses, nursery.

Where are nice places to live with children? I don't know anything about local schools or anything! argh!

Nice to meet you all

Picante Sun 28-Mar-10 21:08:08

Are you looking at Reading? Nice areas are Caversham and University.

biscuitsandbandages Mon 29-Mar-10 16:30:00

Thanks Picante,

His work is based just south of reading so we were looking probably around camberley/yateley that kind of area geographically.

LizzyA Thu 08-Apr-10 16:02:55

Hi. I live in Purley on Thames and have 2 sons aged 9 and 7. I work f/t so not very good on the meeting up front but hello anyway!

VMumToBe Fri 16-Apr-10 13:54:02

Hello everyone! I am 14+5 and live in Mortimer, just south of Reading. It's a lovely little village but only 10 mins on the train from Reading centre. Worth a look, biscuits!

biscuitsandbandages Wed 21-Apr-10 22:29:02

thank-you! will definately take a look thats only 10min drive from where he will be working!

dappymoo Sun 16-May-10 18:12:46

Hi!

Wokingham is lovely too! Although I'm relatively new here myself.
20 weeks with my first and nervous! Finding it hard to get local antenatal classes but there seem to be a few in other areas of Reading...
xx

biscuitsandbandages Mon 17-May-10 09:03:12

Thanks Dappymoo, we drove through wokingham the other day and it does seem like a lovely little town, are there any bits to avoid? (thats my london brain on!).

Congratulations on your impending mummyhood nervous is ok but I'm sure you will be fine. I've done this twice now and we are still thinking of trying for a 3rd in a year or so (once DS2 decides to consider sleeping!)

xx

dappymoo Mon 17-May-10 15:12:14

When we were looking at houses people said that the Bean Oak Road side of town is slightly dodgy though to be honest having moved from Slough I really doubt it's that bad! I think perhaps a slightly worse reputation just because it used to be all council housing etc, but then we found that you could get much bigger houses at cheaper prices over that way...

We ended up in Woosehill, which is peaceful and full of families, I really like it. And the Emmbrook area is nice too. I love that I can walk back from places late at night and not feel worried at all.

Wokingham does seem like one of those places where people come to have a family! Everywhere I look people are pregnant or with little ones!

Anyway I'll stop rambling on now! Thanks for the words of encouragement, bubba is kicking up a storm today it's lovely! xx

biscuitsandbandages Mon 17-May-10 20:41:02

ooh ~i love the kickin bit!

Thanks, might look at woosehill

baileyskitty Tue 01-Jun-10 14:46:44

Hi Everyone. I'm Kirsty and i have two children, 23 months (Bailey) and 23wks (Kitty). I live in Henley, not too far from either reading or pangbourne!
Oh and biscuits, Henley is a lovely place to live, lots of things around for you to do.
I'm finding it fairly difficult to find a group in Henley that will take both of my children at the same time...I need some help and some new friends around here. All my other friends who i've grown up with live out of the area. Anyone around Henley have more than one child and would like to meet up and talk ummmm babies i guess, ha?!

warren1 Mon 19-Jul-10 16:42:05

Hi, I also live just outside Henley and would really recommend both Henley and Wokingham as fantastic places to live.
I have a 2 and a half year old and a 4 month old and manage to take them both to MAD Academy in Charvil, it is a fantastic class. It is aimed at the eldest but the baby loves to watch and lots of the Mums take 2 along.
Let me know if you find any other classes as
I need something to fill the rest of my week!
Em

Harriet75C Mon 26-Jul-10 20:43:41

Hello everyone. Any mums-to-be around? Am due in March, so early days yet, but I don't know anyone who has kids or is likely to have them, so I'm looking to meet other mums-to-be in the area Good to know that the MAD academy is good (I live in North Charvil, although we'll be moving to Henley or Wokingham at some point in the next couple of years, I hope!)

NewMumOlderMum Wed 28-Jul-10 00:58:33

Hi I'm Ellie, Purley-on-Thames/Tilehurst, I have 8 yr old and 8month old !! - It works LOL - love to meet mommies, at home enjoying mommiehood ...!!smile - occasionally wondering what its like to be stuck in a traffic jam, rehearsing that presentation hmm - then suddenly woken up by baby puke, crying, washing (oh so much) followed by school run, homework - wondering if I should go back to work for a rest :O) hmmm. What baby clubs should I join ? - consider anything - although my baby boy far too active for massage - ha ha

Monkeytoo Wed 28-Jul-10 04:50:10

Hello, we're moving to Reading soon for work. I have a 16 month old. We're still looking at areas but have looked at most of the ones mentioned so it's interesting to see them recommended again

VMumToBe Wed 28-Jul-10 21:25:56

Hello all mums to be (and open to new mummies too!) I just wanted to pass on the below - it's an awesome class and we need new recruits to keep it going!

Aquanatal Hydrotherapy

Exercise in WARM water for antenatal and postnatal women
Run by Physiotherapists

Tuesday and Thursday evenings

Pay as you go £6 per session
or
Buy 5 get one free!
(£30 for 6 sessions)
NHS staff discounts available!
Introduce a friend and get a free session!!!!!

Free Parking!
Location – Hydrotherapy pool at Royal Berkshire Hospital entrance off Redlands Rd.

To book a place in the class or for more information please contact:
Helen Knight:-
or
antenatalexercise@hotmail.co.uk

flippityflop Mon 08-Aug-11 12:30:33

Hi VMumtoBe

I'd be interested in this? What time are the classes held?

Thanks
FF

djinthailand Fri 09-Sep-11 20:05:16

Just bought a house in Woosehill. Should be moving in end of October. Have a 3 year old and a 6 year old. Completely new to the area. Anybody else about?

Sammyw12 Sat 08-Oct-11 09:29:40

Hi Everyone! My name is Sam and i have a 2 year old (soon to be three) boy, we live by Palmer Park in East Reading, anyone close by??

scruffbuggy Sat 07-Jan-12 20:55:04

Hi Sam, I have a 3 1/2yr old boy. We've recently moved to the palmer park area & am looking for some play dates for the little one. Shame it's a bit cold for the park at the mo'.

Have you had any other meet-ups?

IneedAbetterNicknameIn2012 Thu 12-Jan-12 14:45:15

Hi all.

I am a 27 year old Mum of 2 boys, aged 7 and 5.My children seem to be older then eveeyone elses, but still thought I'd say hi! We live near Palmer Park smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now