Local Talk

New to Epping

(6 Posts)
Celia9 Wed 30-May-12 20:29:31

Hello, I've just moved to Epping with my 7 month old baby daughter. I left a lovely group of NCT friends back in Surbiton and was quite jealous of a group of mum friends having a picnic together next to me in High Beech today. So, I've decided to be proactive! I'd love to meet any other local mums for coffees/picnics/chats etc. Please do get in touch if you'd like to meet up. Thanks

Effi Thu 31-May-12 11:05:11

Hi there

I have an 18 month old son and would happily meet up. I love high beech as I often mountain bike there. Be nice to meet up I am in Woodford Green but have a car.

I work part-time but can be flexible.

Hope to hear from you soon. Lynn

Celia9 Fri 01-Jun-12 09:54:58

Hi Lynn, that sounds great. I'm really looking forward to getting the bikes out of the shed and taking them into the forest at some point. Anyway, I'm busy all over the jubilee weekend but why don't we try to arrange something for next week or the week after? I'm free Weds and Friday next week and Tues and Weds the week after. I also have a car and am happy to meet wherever. If the weather is nice then the pub at the top of High Beech has a huge outdoor area, with playground and does an OK ploughmans! Otherwise perhaps we could meet for coffee somewhere? I think there are ways to private message on here if you want to exchange numbers? Thanks, Emma

curlyLJ Thu 14-Jun-12 22:06:43

Hi Ladies

I moved to the epping area last year and have yet to really 'make friends' with any other mums apart from an odd fleeting hello when I drop DD (2yo) at nursery. I would love to have some local mums to meet up with. I work part-time too, but can be flexible...

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Lisa

Celia9 Sat 16-Jun-12 08:49:35

Hi Lisa, perhaps we could meet up for coffee sometime in the next couple of weeks? I'm still getting to know Epping but Cafe Nero has a good seating area at the back? Or could try High Beech or similar if a warm day maybe? Let me know what you think ... Emma

curlyLJ Sat 16-Jun-12 14:38:46

Sounds good to me Emma!! smile I work Weds-Fri so can only really meet on Mondays or Tuesdays. I already have plans for the next 2 weeks, but after that I would love to meet up (early July?). Maybe PM me your details and we can set something up?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now