Local Talk

How to improve my waiting list position to get into Churchfields

(3 Posts)
unclearandadvice Sun 19-Aug-12 09:09:52

Hi need some advice on how to improve my kids waiting list position. I thought I would be in the catchment area for the school, however finding out what positions my kids are on the waiting list, it'll be years before they can get in. I have only applied for this school as it is the closest to my house. Can anyone give me advice on how to improve and get my kids in sooner. Do I need them to leave their previous school for them to be in a better position and get in sooner? Thanks

FranSanDisco Sun 19-Aug-12 09:17:08

The criteria is looked after children first, then siblings, then proximity. Unless you can appeal on grounds of your child/ren having a special need in which the school can specifically accommodate you I don't think there is much you can do. Redbridge schools (primary) are heavily oversubscribed with plans for 2 new primaries in the near future (doesn't help you though). I know several families who travel x amount of miles to schools as they can't get in their local one sad. The upside is once you get one child in the school the other child will jump up the list. Good luck.

unclearandadvice Sun 19-Aug-12 11:20:54

Thanks for the information.
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrg. Would have preferred not to have this stress. Shame they dont priortise on the proximity - and that you have to travel miles before getting to the school that is closest to you. This whole process needs to be reviewed. Was it simplier when schools allocated places?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now