Local Talk

Hello, big lonely wummin, looking for mates!

(8 Posts)

Hello,

I'm in the Renfrewshire area, bit lost and friendless as all my mates live elsewhere, and don't have kids! I'm 40, (just!) and have got 5yr old and 3yr old dd's and a 3 month old son. Anyone fancy a chat?

Hi there Esme - I'm in Renfrewshire too (not far from Paisley). My dses are all older than yours (15, 17 tomorrow, and 19 in august), but I'd be happy to chat, if you'd like to. We moved up here from Essex 4 years ago, and I left all my friends behind me (for some strange reason, they don't drop in for coffee any more - can't think why wink), and I have had to make new friends up here, so I know how you are feeling.

helibee Wed 22-Aug-12 00:51:19

Hi, I know you sent this a while ago but thought I'd say hi. In in Bishopton with a 5yr old ds and a 4 month old ds. Feel free to get in touch.

I also moved to from Essex grin

SDTGWolefGenius Wed 30-Jan-13 21:37:29

I'm in Renfrewshire, near Paisley, and would happily meet up with other folk. I'm 48 and my dses are all teenagers, so I am happy to coo over smaller children, and wonder where my cute babies went!

Please do get in touch.

MsUumellmahaye Sun 14-Apr-13 22:37:36

paisley here too, just wanted to say hello x

katehargreaves Sat 18-Jan-14 14:18:18

WHERE SHOULD I LIVE/KIDS GO TO SCHOOL? hi i'm likely to be moving to Renfrewshire from Jerusalem. We've lived overseas (including 4 years in Kenya) and my husband's work is relocating to East Kilbride. We have an 8 year old daughter and 5 year old son. i'd be really grateful for advice on where to live - thinking broadly of south Glasgow areas, and thoughts on primary schools - ideally cosmopolitan and friendly so our 'expat' kids don't stick out too much, with good access to Glasgow and Edinburgh in the hope that I get work reasonably quickly. thanks very much Kate

LocalEditorRenfrewshire Sun 19-Jan-14 20:43:03

Hi Kate, I can recommend parts of Paisley if you're interested in that? Bridge of Weir, Houston etc are smaller (but beautiful) villages but as you said you want "cosmopolitan", not sure if that's what you're after?

Hi all - we are organising another meet-up, if anyone is interested - the details are here. It would be lovely to see some new faces!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now