What's life like in Ireland

(4 Posts)
dappleton Tue 24-Jul-12 10:18:58

My husband randomly came home from a bad day at work the other day and said he want's to move to another country (we live outside of Europe in a country with a lot of corruption), then yesterday for some reason or another he decided Ireland would be perfect, I don't think he's serious (but i'm not too sure as he was browsing property sites as well!) - so, it got me thinking that maybe he's onto something...so what is life like in Ireland - pro's and con's, where are the best places to live and would you choose to live there if you could choose anywhere in the world?

tiedtheknot Wed 22-Aug-12 19:18:37

Hi, just wondering whether anything came of that chat? Ireland is a good country to set up home in, if you want to. I'm Irish, born & bred and I would call no where else home. I know when I fly in from a holiday or wherever that I'm home and I like that feeling.
If there is anything specific you would like to know about, just let me know.

SummerRain Wed 22-Aug-12 19:22:17

That depends... What field does he work in?

Jobs are non existent here atm. Property is cheap atm and you can have a good quality of life if you have the money but take it fron me, it's miserable if you're poor

DDoll Mon 12-Nov-12 16:50:30

There are not many employment opportunities here at present except for in the IT sector, there seems to be a lot of job vacancies there. House prices have dropped by 50% in some areas but the cost of living is still high. I live in Dublin and love it, Ireland is small enough to travel to any other part of the country in a few hours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now