Where are all my cailiní?

(51 Posts)
PinkTulips Tue 26-Jun-07 18:54:52

just found this and i'm shocked i beat ye all to it.

c'mon girls, by the time i get back after my house move i expect to see ye all nattering on here!

AbRoller Tue 26-Jun-07 21:33:57

oh hi PT <<waves>>

PinkTulips Tue 26-Jun-07 21:41:11

hello abroller!

what part of the midlands are you in? am moving to roscommon this weekend so might be closer to you than i am now?

KerryMum Tue 26-Jun-07 21:43:57

FOUND IT!

Hi guys!

Do I have to go through all that rigamarole every time or can these threads just show up on my main mn page?

Do you know Pink?

KerryMum Tue 26-Jun-07 21:44:42

Have to get monsters - I mean lovely, sweet boys - to bed now..... see you in a bit!

emat Tue 26-Jun-07 21:45:04

Hi everyone!

PinkTulips Tue 26-Jun-07 21:45:13

am trying to figure that out now, i know they pop up in my active convoes and threads i've posted on so it must be lurking there somewhere

PinkTulips Tue 26-Jun-07 21:46:06

yep, down the very bottom of the topic list.... we're a proper cleek now

hello emat (((waves)))

AbRoller Tue 26-Jun-07 21:56:25

oooh hi girls <<waves to all the girls>> This is brill

PT are you serious? - I LIVE IN ROSCOMMON[GRIN][GRIN][GRIN]

AbRoller Tue 26-Jun-07 21:57:34

crap - forgot to take caps off for all the grinning

PinkTulips Tue 26-Jun-07 22:00:40

<<<<girly shriek>>>> excellant!

we're moving to lisacul on saturday

NoNoNoNo Tue 26-Jun-07 22:06:31

Chiming in to say i found the place .. thanks pink!

PinkTulips Tue 26-Jun-07 22:07:52

the more the merrier, hopefully enough irish folks will click on kerry's thread and will find out this is here.

AbRoller Tue 26-Jun-07 22:09:07

Where's that near? I'm originally a Dub so not too brill with the geography of the midlands. I'm closer to the N4 bout half hour from roscommon town.

PinkTulips Tue 26-Jun-07 22:12:06

it's near ballaghaderren and not far from castlerea and ballyhaunis.

i'm not great on the geography either although house hunting the last few weeks has improved me somewhat!

AbRoller Tue 26-Jun-07 22:17:12

Ah that's not very far, maybe 40mins or so. Good luck with the house move and if ye ever need a cup of sugar just shout over the bog

PinkTulips Tue 26-Jun-07 22:20:19

lol, we can meet for coffee in roscommon town some day, was there during the heat wave and it seemed really nice

am almost throwing up with the nerves of the whole moving thing, i'm not cut out for stress like this. on top of it all we're moving froma furnished place to an unfurnished.... and have no furniture!

AbRoller Tue 26-Jun-07 22:30:33

great idea

I know the stress of moving. I only moved last year into a house with nothing. It'll come together

I'm heading to the leaba now. Chat to ye again soon.

Take care and night all

KerryMum Tue 26-Jun-07 22:38:48

Hi I'm back!

Yes, we'll have to keep bumping original thread so others can find us. I had no idea this existed. Thanks Pink!

Does anyone know when this crap winter weather is going to end?

doobypoo Tue 26-Jun-07 22:46:08

Great stuff.I am in Co.Waterford.Hi Everyone

PinkTulips Tue 26-Jun-07 23:01:49

sunday i hope, i don't want baking heat while we're stuck in the car with kids on sat

had 4 days of it while househunting and it was truely miserable.

typical though, was pregnant last summer and wanted it to be cool and there was a heatwave and sods law this year it's miserable again

KerryMum Tue 26-Jun-07 23:06:33

Are you moving THIS weekend?

PinkTulips Wed 27-Jun-07 09:23:33

yep.... dreading it!

can't wait to have our new house though... we'll have a garden!

potoftea Wed 27-Jun-07 16:10:26

Hi all. doobypoo I am in Waterford too. Waterford city though.

Nice to have a local thread, didn't know this existed.

Impressed that you got to put a fada on the last i in cailini PinkTulips, I can on our main pc, but not on my laptop I think. A bit of a nuisance as my name contains one.

AnnieAlcoholLeft Wed 27-Jun-07 16:26:01

Hello cailini!!

(not cailins, as I said on the other thread )

d'you all know each other?

PinkTulips Wed 27-Jun-07 16:30:48

lol, the joys of having a bizarre dutch pc.... it's very accomodaring when it comes to fadas and umlauts and all those things.

some of us have bumped into each other on the site annie (or clashed in some cases ) but i don't recognise everyone here

AnnieAlcoholLeft Wed 27-Jun-07 16:37:48

Nice one, PT, then we can all find out all about each other together over a few bottles of bud...

KerryMum Thu 28-Jun-07 09:49:18

PT - If I don't "see" you much before the weekend -

GOOD LUCK with the move! How many kids do you have to get underfoot?

NoNoNoNo Thu 28-Jun-07 13:09:53

Yeah - best of luck with the move, Pink. And if you lose your cool while unpacking, don't worry - it will be in one of the cardboard boxes ....

AbRoller Thu 28-Jun-07 13:42:33

Hi Pink, have to go out for a few hours so won't be back on line til tonight but just to let you know I have a table and four chairs I can give you if you've not got them already.

Such shitty weather today

Chat you all later

toesh Thu 28-Jun-07 18:55:12

Dia dhiabh - Kilkenny calling. Good to find you all

KerryMum Thu 28-Jun-07 19:56:26

Hi toesh and welcome!

Never been to Kilkenny but know people there

toesh Thu 28-Jun-07 20:58:20

Well KM, they say we're a strange lot - and they might be right... Lovely town though. Sorry - CITY.
Kerry - my favourite childhood holidays were near Castlegregory. Must, must go back there....(wistful)

PinkTulips Fri 29-Jun-07 00:06:43

abroller, that's a really lovely offer, thank you. we wuld have been stuck for table and chairs but my parents managed to root out an old, very 80's, chrome, wicker and glass number that was lurking in their garage. needless to say we're overjoyed

thank you very much for the offer though

kerry, i have a hyper 2 year old who's on a diet that makes her decidedly unpleasant as she has blood test next week and a teething 11 month old who's desperate to pull up and cruise around all the boxes until he finds one unsealed and has a field day 'helping' to rearrange it

my broadband is gone tomorrow and the only chance i'll get to go online til we can afford whatever overpriced option the boglands have to offer is in my dad's internet café with him nosily looking over my shoulder so i'll be gone a while i'd say

keep the ROI threads alive while i'm MIA and don't forget to go to the MN local bit and recommend lots of great places to go in you area, it's great fun playing with the little map

AbRoller Fri 29-Jun-07 00:36:36

Hi Pink, Glad you're all sorted. Wishing you all the best with the move. Will chat you here again soon when you get broadband or failing that I have a 'bog-standard' cup-N-twine contraption that's all the rage in these here parts

Take care

PinkTulips Fri 29-Jun-07 00:38:25

lol

right.... i really must go to bed now, think i'll be pulling and all nighter tomorow night as it is

don't have too much fun without me

KTeePee Fri 29-Jun-07 10:27:26

Ah, there you all are!

toesh Fri 29-Jun-07 13:43:21

Hi KTP. Just found this myself yesterday. Where are you?

Anyone going to Oxegen next weekend? Am soooooo excited to be going on the Sat. Too old for the full weekend/camping experience obv. Busy preparing a suitbale outfit that will be stylish , not mutton dressed as lamb and able to survive the certain deluge of rain .

Don't know why i'm bothering as i will defo end up waering a bin bag for the day.......

toesh Fri 29-Jun-07 13:44:31

sorry - wearing - must try and use the preview option....

potoftea Fri 29-Jun-07 14:41:07

Well at the risk of sounding ancient, my dd is going to Oxygen from Friday to Monday next weekend. She can't wait, and there seems to be loads of buses going from Waterford.
The city will be quiet next weekend.

She bought very colourful wellies in Dunnes during the week, so I think she's hoping for rain. She probably will get her wish!

Sounds like my idea of hell! Enjoy yourself though Toesh.

toesh Fri 29-Jun-07 16:20:35

Thanks potoftea. I was doing the wellie shopping myself earlier today. I think I am also ancient enough to have a theoretical daughter going, but thankfully my real dd would only be going if it was a my little pony convention.......

I have said for the last couple of years, that the year i go to oxegen and don't see anyone older than me, is the year i will stop going. (or the year i make up a new rule )

chipmonkey Fri 29-Jun-07 23:59:42

I have never been to Oxegen! Must put it on my "things to do before I die" list.

toesh Sat 30-Jun-07 10:40:07

Definitely DO chipmonkey. You will have a brilliant time. As long as you don't mind getting wet through to your knickers....

Galwaygal Sat 30-Jun-07 11:12:07

Hi, as the name suggests I'm in Galway county. AbRoller and PinkTulips, I cd meet you in Roscommon too!!!!

PinkTulips - hope the move goes well today, I am in the throws of building right now and it is a fearful thought of having to be moving in a couple of months time! Which reminds me I must remember to contact eircom and get the cup and twine transferred to the new house, not broadband in site for us unfortunately.

Hi to everyone else, great to have a place to meet you all.

chipmonkey Sat 30-Jun-07 21:10:45

I thought it was inadvisable to wear knickers at oxegen, toesh!

annieatno4 Sun 02-Sep-07 13:11:32

Hi all,
Enniscorthy calling.......

AbRoller Tue 18-Sep-07 15:23:19

Ladies I think we should have a meet up. What do you think? Possible?

galwaygal Thu 20-Dec-07 14:57:32

I think that a meet-up would be great, considering so many of us are from west and north how about somewhere like Castlebar??? Fairly easy to get to from Dub too, even though a bit of a journey.

It was last sept the proposal for a meetup was made so I don't suppose many of us check this site often. But if you do, how about meeting in the new year?

PinkTulips Thu 24-Apr-08 10:39:22

Well now that i'm back i'm gonna put my tsarina boots on and give ye all a kick up the ass to organise this meetup

Castle bar sounds great to me but then i'm predjudiced as i'm only 30 mins from there lol

PinkTulips Thu 24-Apr-08 10:40:40

castlebar even.... wonder who put that space there?

[looks accusingly over her shoulder]

grin

galwaygal Thu 11-Sep-08 12:26:17

Gosh new year is here and still only Pinktulips interested in the bar!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now