Will it EVER stop raining?

(8 Posts)
KerryMum Tue 03-Jul-07 10:47:27

I'm really starting to get fed up now. How long has this been going on? My washing is all backed up. I can't boot the monsters (I mean kids) outside. It's the summer holidays, day 2 and we're already going mental!

Carmenere Tue 03-Jul-07 10:49:52

Ha, you are in Kerry, so the answer is possibly for a day or two in August.

This puts me in mind of a quote in the Saturday Times travel section in an article on Norway. When a boy, somewhere in the north of Norway was asked by a visitor how long it had been raining for he replied 'I don't know, I'm only 13'

KerryMum Tue 03-Jul-07 10:53:16

potoftea Tue 03-Jul-07 13:33:48

Was actually thinking of starting a thread this morning with the title "Jeeze will it ever stop raining", so you beat me to it KerryMum.

At least I am getting fit running out to take in the washing with the sky goes black, and hanging it back out ten minutes later when it's sunny!

Seriously, you cannot walk to the shop around the corner because you'll get bloody soaked in one of those heavy showers.

One of my dc has a hospital appointment this pm and I am actually glad we'll have somewhere to go. How sad is that.

It's still raining 4 years later gringrinsad

Emmerybored Sat 16-Jul-11 13:56:50

its mad that in july im still wearing cardi's i want to wear summer clothes.... please weather get better

LuckyLuckyMe Tue 15-May-12 21:38:53

This thread could've been started today grin confused sad

Threerogues Fri 18-May-12 18:30:54

Yes, freaky how consistently crap the weather is. I am the eternal optimist and even I am now fully resigned to an even worse Irish summer last year. I have to confess though that the rain is MY FAULT because we put in a wooden playhouse for the kids at the end of April and it's been raining in Dublin pretty much every day since then. Sorry people.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now