What about our own "freecycle" ;?

(19 Posts)
sobloodystupid Tue 11-Aug-09 08:41:51

Have a huge bundle of lovely boys clothes that I've just put on Freecycle. Wouldn't it be great if we had an active swap or "for free" section here? I'd rather give them to a mumsnetter grinI have annoyed myself browsing through all the gorgeous clothes available for nothing or postage in the UK. Whaddya think cailini?

I'm resurrecting an old thread because I think it's a brilliant idea. I have a dd, 17 months, and I won't be having more. We've been given tons of stuff for her and I've noone to pass them on to (I'm a geriatric mother so all my pals have finished having kids by now!). It kills me to put stuff into a charity bag. When ds was a baby, the bags of clothes and toys were doing the rounds of a gang of us. Anyone else up for it?

bagelmonkey Tue 13-Mar-12 13:28:52

That sounds like a great idea.

Well I'll start off. I have a girl's (ie pink) thingy that a wobbler pushes with an activity thing in front of it. Does that make sense? Great for when they're just about walking. DD got it for Christmas from Santa and doesn't need it any more. Anyone want it? I'm in Dublin, northside.

I also have a pink snowsuit age 9-12 months with detachable gloves and feet. (Mothercare). Also a red snowsuit, not as warm as the pink one but very cute with off-white furry trim on the hood.

MadameMessy Fri 23-Mar-12 16:36:06

I'm also in the north side of Dublin, and would love to be involved.
I've just done a big clear out and have a 1)bag of girl clothes 12-18months and lots of coats
2)bag of girls clothes 5-6 years

mamasin Fri 23-Mar-12 16:39:39

Me too. Am in Clare have quite a few clothes for little girl 12-18 months and some boys things 2-3. My hotpress will be accessible again!

MadameMessy, I'd gladly relieve you of your 12-18 month girls clothes. My little one is 17 months now but small for her age (recently adopted from Russia- we're home 3 months todaygrin) so she's still mostly in 9-12 months but is (fingers crossed) growing.

rhetorician Fri 23-Mar-12 21:32:37

also a Dublin Northsider, with dd2 now 4 months; have a few folks around with younger ones, but will be wanting to off-load stuff aplenty in the next couple of years..

rhetorician, I'll happily pass along dd's clothes etc to you if you want them? They only start at 9-12 months but she's out of a good few things already (yay!!)

rhetorician Fri 23-Mar-12 22:12:11

congrats happyasapig - friend of mine (also northside) has just adopted a gorgeous little girl from ethiopia

Thx rhetorician. I walk around with a smile on my face all day, I can't get over how bloody lucky we are, she's just a little dote of a thing.

MadameMessy Sat 24-Mar-12 01:03:57

happy, that's no problem at all smile Will pm you in a min.
dd has a girl in her class from Belarus who dd describes as "a fairy" as she is so petite, and dd is jealous as although she is only 6 is wearing age 9 to 10 and wishes she was waif like confused
can't win eh?!

I PM'd you back Messy.

Everyone who sees dd describes her as 'dainty' or 'a doll'. Without my genes, hopefully she'll escape the thunder thighs that go in my family!!!

MadameMessy Sat 24-Mar-12 12:41:57

rhetorician, I also have 9-12 month stuff for a little girl?am on the north side too smile

Thx again for the great gear, Messy, they were ironed beautifullywink

MordecaiAndTheRigbys Sat 24-Mar-12 20:38:38

Im in Cork and have a rake of toys for boys age 2 to 6! Lego, metal detector, Transformer, Post office Set, Large digger, Gruffalo floor puzzle. Welcome to them!

MadameMessy Sat 24-Mar-12 20:45:46

I wouldn't be so sure about that happy!glad they'll be used though.
Will let you know when my wash basket is empty smile

I have a Silver Cross buggy. It's in perfect order. I bought it for ds 11 years ago and was going to use it for dd now but a friend gave me the loan of her bugaboo and insisted I use it to look a bit trendier! There's a pic of my dd sitting in the Silver Cross in my profile. It's suitable from birth as it lies flat. It's very comfy for the baby/toddler.

If you're a walker, it's a brilliant pram, so comfy to push cos you can take good long strides. It has a metal basket underneath that fits loads. I used to walk in to Moore St with ds when he was a baby and buy my fruit and veg and they fitted easily into the basket. The only thing I didn't like about it was the rain cover- it's separate and quite cumbersome.

I'd love if someone wanted it before I give it to VdeP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now