Local Talk

bright beginnings twickenham

(16 Posts)
serious1 Tue 18-Jan-11 20:51:02

Am sure this has been done to death but cannot findout any updated info on above nursery, if anyone would like to let me know any recomdations on this nursery id appreciate it or can recomend another local one. private msg me if like thanks

serious1 Fri 21-Jan-11 18:11:40

bump me up

serious1 Fri 21-Jan-11 18:11:52

bump me up

emilyrosesmum Wed 02-Feb-11 14:44:39

did you get any info? I'm looking for nursery or childminder in the Twickenham area too. Have heard there's a new one opening at Nuffield Health on 1st March but can't get info on that either

lukymum Sun 06-Feb-11 22:28:05

HI emilyrosemum
I'm a local childminder in twickenham if you would like to contact me for more information..

Take care

angel55 Thu 14-Apr-11 22:23:28

Hi, My daughter has been going to this nursery since she was 6 months old and she loves it. The staff are very proffessional and friendly and really care about the children and the parents needs. I work in twickenham so its fantastic as it just around the corner from my work place. I have been very impressed with the nursey so far and have no complaints at all. )

JB22 Thu 01-Mar-12 13:28:32

Hi, we didn't have a very good experience with this nursery.

RP1979 Wed 06-Jun-12 21:26:17

Hi - I found this nursery school to be very good and my little girl is happy there. I found the staff to be friendly yet proffesional. As I had to return to work after a career break, I was grateful to have found somewhere my daughter is well looked after. I defnitely recommend them.

Jenbob12 Fri 06-Jul-12 15:46:39

I am a nanny in Twickenham and regularly see the children from Bright Beginnings out and about. Sadly though, from walking behind them I now know everything going on in the staff's social lives. I understand that as adults you chat (I do it myself) but the things they are discussing, I would not be discussing in front of children. I also saw them in Poundland this week. All I could hear was "don't touch that" and "you can't have that". Theywere then stopped by the chocolate while the staff chose what they wanted then waited while the staff bought themselves some! Put me off sending a child there!

Esskie Tue 17-Jul-12 15:51:43

Hi, I know this thread about bright beginnings in twickenham is old, but I'd like to hear any more comments/thoughts from anyone who has their LOs there, especially if they are babies. I'm due to have my 6 month old start there in October and I feel a bit nervous. I had very little choice on nurseries as I need to commute to and from Twix station. Any info/experience would be really useful. Thanks :-)

Ktay Tue 17-Jul-12 19:12:47

Have pm'd you...

Jasbro Sun 22-Jul-12 15:27:26

I have seen similar to Jenbob12 but not sure which nursery it is. I did however spend some time in York House Gardens watching some of the staff from Bright Beginnings interacting with the kids and saw one particular young staff member who showed outstanding care, a great rapport with the kids and was generally a credit to the childcare profession.

Esskie have you considered a childminder? I am a childminder myself, and I have a childminder friend who has recently moved within a stone's throw of the station. I would highly recommend her. If you are interested please contact me and I can pass on details.

winniethepoohrulez Tue 24-Jul-12 16:07:35

Our DS is under 1 and recently started at Bright Beginnings Twickenham. Nothing I can say on here will put your mind at rest, my view on here holds no greater weight than the negative one.

Why don't you pop down between say 17:00 and 18:00 and speak with a few mums / dads taking their kids home. I can't think of a better way to judge than seeing the kids leaving, if they're happy / sad, parents calm etc. You could also pull up a pew at the coffee shop on the corner as it provides a good enough vantage point if you're shy.

Ultimately though the free week induction involves you spending a couple of hours a day at the nursery where you'll meet all the staff and will experience things first hand.

Good luck

spongepatel Thu 27-Sep-12 21:46:43

I have a ten month old son at Bright Beginnings and would definitely recommend it - the staff are really loving and caring and nothing is too much for them. He gets loads of hugs and cuddles and the staff always show so much interest in him. I have to almost drag him away some evenings....!

ct12345 Fri 05-Jul-13 22:11:15

i currently am working at bright beginnings. my child also goes to the nursery and i would recomend it to any parent. this might seem biased but i could not be any more proud of our nursery. the staff do not go in to poundland and buy their own chocolates. if theres a staff in there it buying it would be for the children. because iv done that so many times. the staff themselves buy them treats with their own money to encourage them to make good choices. we dont work as teachers in bb. id say its more of a family branch. the preschool room is set out like a school with an interacitve whiteboard, they do their phonics, writing, ,maths and sciences. my little girl loves it and so do the children there

Carolra Tue 09-Jul-13 10:19:37

My DD has been there since she was 9 months old (18 months now). I really like it, she seems really happy there, and they clearly care about her a lot. I'm happy to discuss any details, just PM me with questions. The downsides would be that the do seem a bit scatty with paperwork sometimes, but I don't really mind that....! They are working on a website, not sure when it will be live, but I think that will help answer a lot of questions. I remember when I was looking for a nursery and there was just no info about them on the internet at all. But one look around and I was sold.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now