Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career ×

Local Talk

New mums to be in Richmond/ Twickenham areas?

(21 Posts)
bonnieT Fri 22-Mar-13 19:07:20

Hi I am a mum to be and looking to make new friends,
I am 33 years old and live near Twickenham,
Just looking to make new friends in the local areas.
I enjoy music, tv, reading, going for coffee, writing and movies.

JonquilleTW Mon 25-Mar-13 18:54:50

Hello,

Welcome to the MN community ;)
We will tweet this to keep more mum to bes to come and to say hello.

If you don't mind mums with kids, there is another thread where we are thinking of meeting up one thursday or friday.

Otheriwse, there are some antrenatal classes, where you could meet ladies with pretty much the same due date

local.mumsnet.com/richmond-upon-thames/antenatal-classes

sams1978 Wed 27-Mar-13 19:16:17

Hi Bonnie

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I'm a new mum-to-be living in Twickenham too - I'm 34. I don't know many people in the area either as I only moved here last year, and I also work at home. If you fancy swapping stories or meeting up, let me know!

Sam

EllieBessie Sat 30-Mar-13 16:43:42

Hi Bonnie & Sams, congratulations to you both

I'm Ellie, I also live not too far from Twickenham and would love to meet some other mums-to-be! I'm 31, first pregnancy, and also don't know many people round here, would be great to hear from you and maybe meet up for a cuppa?

When are your due dates? I'm due September 5.

All the best, Ellie

Julia0 Wed 03-Apr-13 09:47:06

Hi Ellie, Bonnie and Sam,

I'm Julia and I live locally, not too far from Twickenham. I also don't know many people locally and would love to meet some mums-to-be in the area. I'm 32 and I've recently found out I'm expecting for the first time - due in November so early days right now. Would be great to hear from you if you fancy meeting up?

Julia

Fufifa Thu 04-Apr-13 17:36:13

Hello everyone,

Congrats on your good news.
I am a local mum, still struggling to meet others as was busy befiore now at home with a child.
If you don't mind me joining with a child, I could come along too.
Where abouts do you prefer to meet up? H&H?

CarlyDiem Tue 09-Apr-13 09:14:52

Hi,
I am also relatively new to the area and live in East Sheen, I have a little girl of 16 months but am considering number two! I am happy to hop on the bus.
I would love to meet up, I am also a big TV/movie/music buff and am also happy to be asked lots f questions about babies :-)

Carly

JonquilleTW Tue 09-Apr-13 21:39:33

Hi,

Hope you are all well and welcome to newbies.
Join us for Mumsnet meet up this Thursday for yummy healthy treats and a great company ;)

local.mumsnet.com/richmond-upon-thames/group-meet-ups/richmond

EllieBessie Wed 10-Apr-13 12:53:02

Hi everyone, so great to hear from you all, and congrats on babies that are here and on their way!

Thanks for the invite to the meet-up Jonquille (I replied in another msg too) but weekdays are often hard as I'm still working full time. Would anyone fancy meeting up at a weekend?

I'm not too up to speed on good places to meet, but there's a nice coffee & cake place in Twickenham that seems to be full of mums & dads & pushchairs! Think it's this one www.harrisandhoole.co.uk/shops/twickenham

Would be happy to meet there for a cake and a catch up? Let me know if you'd like to, and any weekends that you're free in the next couple of months?

Ellie x

SarahIndy Tue 16-Apr-13 12:26:26

Hi everyone,

I am a mum of 1 with number 2 on the way - due on September 6th.

I would love to meet more mums in the area. I am based in Strawberry Hill

Sarah x

JonquilleTW Tue 16-Apr-13 22:34:01

How about a Twickenham meet up at Orleans House next week, say Tuesday? Or is it too early? We can do it on Thursday too. We can take a coffee at Couch house, watch the exhibition and let the kids run wild in a playground afterwards. All depending on weather of course.

EllieBessie Wed 17-Apr-13 13:47:20

Ooo I have my 20 week scan next Tuesday, right in the middle of the day. Could probably meet at Orleans House if it was at 10ish, but might be a bit excited/nervous..or if it was afternoon then I could bring scan pics! (or is that too much for a first time meeting?!) Keep me posted and hope to meet you soon.

PS Hi Sarah - my first is due Sept 5!

JonquilleTW Thu 18-Apr-13 11:16:55

Ok girls,
After much anticipation here is a live meet-up for Twickenham smile
Come and join us next week ;)
local.mumsnet.com/richmond-upon-thames/group-meet-ups/twickenhamst-margarets

Sarto Tue 23-Apr-13 22:53:28

Hello,

I live in Twickenham with a 2 year old and another one on the way. Only been in the area for 6 months and struggling to make friends. Would be ace to meet up for a chat and bring my little boy along!

Thank you

Sara

JonquilleTW Tue 23-Apr-13 23:00:37

Hello Sara,

Welcome to the area.
We had a lovely meet-up today.
Just join us next time to meet some new faces.
See you and your little one soon brew

Balmain2041 Fri 26-Apr-13 11:53:15

Hi there

I was wondering if I could join the next meet up. I have a 3 year old and another son due in July, so would be great to meet some other mums in the area.

Best,
Shera

Twinklebella Mon 27-May-13 06:55:51

Hello all ! I'm the Islington ambassador and now moving near sunny Twickenham in late June/July!
We've sold and now re-locating so I'm v keen to meet up & make new friends here ! I've a lovely lil baby boy called Christopher Harvey & we'd Lov to meet up soon ! Is there anything booked for July at all ?
I can help organise too as will be fab for getting to know the area to !
All the best & see you soon xx
smile

EveTremble Fri 31-May-13 15:33:42

Hello, I am Eve and have a 12 month old daughter, and am currently expecting number two in January (so early days still!). I'd love to meet up with other mums and mums to be for coffee and a chat. If there is a meet up planned soon I'd love to come...hope to meet you soon :-)

Jennideer Thu 31-Oct-13 20:23:09

Hi everyone..I live in Twickenham and am having my first baby (due 4th jan) I am taking a year off work and am keen to meet other mums in the area and would like to get involved with any groups activitys smile

sarah1806 Tue 21-Jan-14 02:48:48

Hi Jennideer. Hope all is going well with hbub. I am about to move to the Richmond area and keen to meet some mums. My little girl is just 5 months. Let me know what group activities you joined as I would like to join some as well. I am moving from Australia so would love to meet other mums smile

filosto Sat 10-May-14 23:08:00

Hi all,

This is Simone from Italy (I am a father). My wife, Marcella, and I just moved to Twickenham and would like to meet new friends with kids. We have a 3 years old daughter and one baby in preparation...
Should you wish to arrange a meeting/play date, please e-mail me at simone.filosto@gmail.com

Bye,

Simone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now