Local Talk

Treetops Nursery Teddington

(5 Posts)
HelenaB27 Thu 11-Apr-13 14:06:17

Hi Anyone got any children currently attending Treetops nursery in Teddington? I've really only ever heard vaguely negative things about it but I thought it was absolutely lovely when I went round. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

SarahIndy Tue 16-Apr-13 12:28:30

I put my child in for one day and pulled him out. Awful place.. .

The best is Building Blocks in Teddington. Outstanding OFSTEAD in every category and run by a child psychologist who understands children.

Hope that helps.

S

leannie1 Wed 17-Apr-13 23:28:19

My LO has been there for a year and a half. She loves it, the staff are great and I have no negative comments really.

dilys4trevor Thu 18-Apr-13 10:01:12

Hello all.
I have two DC at Treetops (4.4 and 2.5) and they have been going there for nearly a year. I am happy with it, it is a good nursery and my boys are happy there. One of them is a shy child and he has settled in very well; he is obsessed with his friends there!
Are Treetops perfect? No, but more than good enough. Positives and (minor) negatives below:
POSITIVES:
1. My 4 year old is learning loads there (telling the time, countries, healthy eating, name writing) and my two year old's talking is a year ahead of where it should be since we started there. I think Treetops are a big part of this.
2. All the staff are happy smiley types and the turnover is low
3. They are not militant about illness (a positive to my mind) and if a child is ill they will sit with him and comfort him rather than ringing you up demanding you drop everything. They ask you if you want to pick him up and leave it to you. They will administer medicine and don't panic over a loose nappy.
4. They are relaxed about a little lateness now and then and if you do extra half hours they don't always charge for both kids
5. They are really cool about parties and stuff, so when it was my sons party they walked all the kids up to the house etc.
NEGATIVES
1. They can be slack on admin
2. They occasionally lose hats and gloves etc (then again, I don't do name tags).
I am very happy with it. Hope that helps!

HelenaB27 Mon 22-Apr-13 14:15:32

Thanks everyone. This is really helpful. I have put my daughter's name down to start in September. Really appreciate your advice.
H

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now