Local Talk

Darell or Holy Trinity

(4 Posts)
Stopdoingthatplease Wed 24-Jul-13 22:38:56

Does anyone have experience of either of these schools? Our DD got a place at Darell (not on our original list of preferences) but having visited the school and after speaking with the head teacher, we've found it to be a lovely and warm school not to mention very close to home.
2 days ago we were offered a place at Holy Trinity, again a very nice school but a bit further away from home.
I don't know of any one else at either of these schools so was hoping for some advice if anyone has their DC at one of them.

fimint Wed 31-Jul-13 11:12:51

Hi,
My daughter is in Holy Trinity. it's a lovely school, very caring and friendly with an impressive and very approachable head. But, there is a lot to be said for being close to home and having friends just around the corner - it means you can share picks ups and so on later.
Good luck!

helenrpea Wed 31-Jul-13 16:19:16

hi. we have 2 children at holy trinity (going into yr 1 and yr4). we have been delighted with the school and can't recommend it more highly. It has a warm nurturing environment that really aims to get the best out of each child. The head teacher is a true inspiration for children and parents alike and with the newly remodelled and expanded building it is lovely environment for learning.

I can't compare it to Darrell because I have no personal experience.

AbsintheAndChips Tue 20-Aug-13 23:17:20

I have a daughter at Darell and really like it. It's a small warm friendly school and children seem to get a lot of personal attention from the staff.

I also have friends with kids at Holy Trinity who like it a lot. I don't think either of these schools are places that would be worrying to send your children and it all comes down to your personal preference. For me, I didn't want a church school, so that made the decision for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now