Local Talk

The Vineyard School - anyone else gone from Private to State?

(2 Posts)
Samsonitee Fri 02-Aug-13 20:03:10

And how did you find the school? We're house hunting at the moment and specifically trying to buy within the Vineyard catchment but it's proving a very difficult task so far!

Hs anyone else gone from private school to The Vineyard specifically, and how did it compare?

Does anyone have children that went from the Vineyard onto private secondary and how much tutoring did you need to do?

It would be great to hear about others experiences of the school.

Thanks

LegoIsMyFriend Fri 09-Aug-13 19:51:12

I realise this doesn't answer your specific question but my DD is at the Vineyard and absolutely loves it. She has just finished year 1 and I have been very impressed with the creative curriculum, the effort the teachers put in to differentiate work for all abilities and how effectively this is done. I appreciate Ofsted and SATS results are only one element of what makes a school but the vineyard has certainly done well on both counts this year. If you are lucky enough to get in (and the catchment has shrunk horribly this year to 300 metres) then I can wholeheartedly recommend the school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now