Local Talk

Moving to Teddington - Little Black Book please!!!

(11 Posts)
agoodbookandsomefizz Sun 11-Aug-13 12:47:41

I will be moving to Teddington from Ladbroke Grove in September.

I'm really excited about the move but apprehensive too as I don't know anyone in the area and I will be leaving my excellent surgery, dentist and hairdresser up here (it takes so long to find people you really trust!).

I also have no idea about great playgroups and things to do for my dd who is 3 and ds who is 15 months (dd should be starting nursery in sept but if our move is delayed she might not which means she wouldn't go at all before reception!)

If anyone could recommend any of the above I would be so grateful!

agoodbookandsomefizz Mon 12-Aug-13 08:19:15

any recommendations anyone?! grin (I have obviously looked at previous posts on MN re Teddington but things change so much that I wanted to collect up to date information!!!).

Teddyking1 Mon 12-Aug-13 17:14:34

Have a look a forsanitityssake.com for playgroups etc

Nursery depends on what end of teddington you are in
All the school nurseries are very oversubscribed but no harm In putting your name on the waiting list
Other recommended nurseries are : the pavillion,playwam,sacred heart kindergarten, building blocks all outstanding ofstead
Welcome to the area .it is very friendly so pretty easy to meet people especially when they start school .

agoodbookandsomefizz Mon 12-Aug-13 19:45:42

thank you Teddyking1 for the info - and I love the look of the website.

Anyone else have any recommendations for local dentists, doctors, hairdressers, cleaners etc etc?! I've had the same ones up here for over a decade but need to find good new ones quickly!

tw11mum Tue 27-Aug-13 11:36:30

GPs: we're with Thameside surgery on High st, they're alright - we don't have health issues though, we rarely see them.

Dentist - Church Road dental care, it's private for adults, NHS for children - again they are good but then our dental problems are small. Fees are not high compared to others.

Minor injuries and outside GP office hours - you go to Tedd Memorial hospital, and for emergencies either Kingston hospital or West Middlesex.

Good luck and welcome to Teddington! smile

Devora Mon 02-Sep-13 00:20:22

Welcome to Teddington! It's really friendly; you'll meet people easily here. I moved here from near Ladbroke Grove and, if I'm honest, wish I'd done it years before.

I WOULDN'T recommend Thameside but prefer Park Road Surgery, near the station. There's also a big one near Hampton Wick that people seem happy with.

I also use the dentist on Park Road, they seem really good.

Hairdresser: there is a lovely woman who cuts my hair at home (and those of a number of other women I know). She is so warm and friendly, great with kids, and charges ridiculously low prices for the quality of her work. If you want her details, PM me.

My daughter has just left Playwam, which is fantastic. Fairly standard set-up but the staff are all wonderfully warm and experienced - it's such a calm, happy place. Pavilion also seems great.

Hi. We moved to Hampton Hill from Wandsworth 2 years ago with our twin boys who will be 3 in December and we really love it here. Loads to do with the kids and just being so close to the gorgeous Bushy Park is fabulous too. The For Sanity's Sake website is fabulous - although not always up to date, so good to call and check before venturing out to some of the playgroups. In addition to this local Mumsnet board you could also check out some of the other (lesser, obviously) sites locally incl. www.nappyvalleynet.com/richmond/ .
I go to Teddington Dental in Gloucester Road - essentially for their fabulous hygienist, but hear she has now left! Hair is with Adam at Elements in Teddington, and they also have a kids salon next door, which is eye-wateringly expensive, but cute for a one-off! My boys go to Greenacres in Hampton Hill, which I can recommend, but probably a bit too far for you to come from Teddington....
Good luck and welcome and post when you get here!

gennibugs Tue 17-Sep-13 15:51:35

I also get my haircut at Elements - I go to Amanda. Ive been going there for years and they are really good smile

agoodbookandsomefizz Mon 14-Oct-13 17:57:52

wow thanks everyone for your tips! I've only just noticed that I got some more posts so apologies for not thanking everyone sooner. Unfortunately our house fell through, then so did the next one and now I'm just in a general state of panic as I need to get my dd into school. sigh. but hey, when we do finally get here I know all the places to go! :-)

SkaterGrrrrl Thu 07-Nov-13 14:04:01

Hi agoodbook, have you moved to TW11 yet? I moved here last summer and it is a fantastic place to raise kids. I have a 3 year old DD and a 13 month old DS. PM if you want to meet for coffee / kids play.

sunny9999 Mon 06-Jan-14 12:29:48

Hi skaterGrrrrl and agoodbook I've also recently moved to teddington - I have a 12 month old DS. I'd be interested in meeting for coffee or play date if you are around on Mondays or Fridays?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now