moving to richmond

(4 Posts)
Cazz81 Wed 03-Feb-16 22:16:39

dear mummies,
we are looking into moving to the area. Richmond Hill/Ham to be precise, however i fear that we wont be able to get the type/size property we need.
can someone please advise on the neighboring areas such as iselworth/sheen/teddington/hampton/kew. what is it like living there, the pros and cons?
we are looking for villagy feel, walking distance to beautiful park/greenary, nice local shops and easy access/frequent transportation to central london. we have recently become parents so looking for the family house/area to raise our kid(s). many thanks.

AbsintheAndChips Fri 19-Feb-16 23:34:06

Richmond Hill and Ham are really different areas. What exactly are you looking for?

twick13 Sun 21-Feb-16 18:05:11

What budget. Richmond hill is very very expensive. Isleworth less so unless by the river. I would say most areas of Richmond borough are good for family life. Lots of other families. Plenty of family orientated stuff going on. Good schools . But it is/a pricey area. On the whole the closer to public transport the bigger the price

Cazz81 Wed 27-Apr-16 06:39:12

After months of house hunting we have finally decided on a house in north Richmond, near Richmond station for commute practicality. Really hope we made the right decision! My main worry is finding toddler activities nearby and getting into school catchment area confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now