Primary Admissions Day - How was it for you?

(5 Posts)
LERichmond Tue 19-Apr-16 09:31:33

As lots of you will know, primary school place offers were sent out yesterday in lots of areas. Mumsnet HQ gets asked for press comment on primary admissions pressures quite regularly so they'd love to hear your views on how things went for you, and what you think about the admissions process and primary school pressures locally.

Please add any comments or thoughts you have to this thread.

Thank you!

Sheenmumof2 Mon 25-Apr-16 17:06:26

Having gone through the primary school admissions process I've realised we've been very lucky to have got into our second choice school. If we lived just 40m down the road we would have ended up without any of our top six preferences, which is what has happened to my daughter's nursery friend. She is less than 400m from her nearest primary school (which happens to be Outstanding) but can't get in. You can live within walking distance of six outstanding non-faith schools but not get into any of them. Our friend has been offered an undersubscribed school two miles away. Something needs to change.

Cazz81 Tue 26-Apr-16 15:28:36

Sheenmumof2 - that's my worse nightmare . We are moving to Richmond for the schools (my son is not even 2yrs old) and I'm already stressing out about the process .

tw11 Tue 26-Apr-16 21:23:32

For anyone interested, Sacred Heart still has some Reception places for September.

Sheenmumof2 Tue 26-Apr-16 22:55:26

Anyone know how much movement there has been on waiting lists in recent years? I'd be particularly interested to hear if anyone has got into Sheen Mount or Thomson House from a waiting list position.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now