Nurseries in Twickenham

(9 Posts)
123raquelita Thu 26-May-16 14:45:23

Hello everyone, I'm new to this site and new to Twickenham, am sure this has been asked a lot, but I wondered if there was any local knowledge about good nurseries in the area? I'm looking for one which is hopefully quite outdoors-y, be super grateful for any recommendations or ones to avoid! Thank you.

twick13 Thu 26-May-16 18:43:04

Have been told happy kids faces on hampton rd is good
also Annies nest

123raquelita Fri 27-May-16 14:36:22

thanks very much twick13.
Anyone got opinions on Teddies, Bright Beginnings and TicToc?

BiscuitsMyVice Sat 28-May-16 17:41:08

Hi 123raquelita
I highly recommend visiting all nurseries because it has to be right for your child.
I can however warmly recommend Tic Toc. They were recently rated as outstanding by Ofsted and I'm not surprised. When I was looking around and visited nurseries in the area, Tic Toc, became the one due to the following:
- Generally had a family feeling to it and you feel those who work their want to
-It was clean
-Had a nice back garden
-Children in all rooms seemed happy
-Also the room leader at the time really clicked with my child. And I liked the fact that it was diverse- different ages and nationalities of staff.

I have used Tic Toc for the past two years and my child has been really happy there, missing friends and staff on days off even. I have appreciated how staff have managed sleep routines, settling in periods, food requirements and supporting my child's development. I have used other nurseries (we did not live here before) with my children and this is definitely one of the best.

Good luck making your choice

123raquelita Sat 28-May-16 17:53:39

Thanks so much! you are of course totally right in advising visiting the nurseries - I just wanted to narrow it down a bit really as nurseries are new to me and I am overwhelmed by the choice! This is great, much appreciated smile

helterskelter99 Sat 28-May-16 18:08:45

We use brightbeginnings and they are fab but also full, which will be your biggest problem! (& is how we ended up there in the 1st place as they weren't full 2.5 years ago!!)

Annie's nest was nice but more like a larger childminders so you provide nappies and food which seemed a bit of a faff (& costwise ) but they didn't have spaces when I needed them

There is a new one opened / opening on Oak lane I think which may be worth checking out x

helterskelter99 Sat 28-May-16 18:11:19

(Oh and bright beginnings has no outside space which was why it wasn't my first choice but I actually love that it doesn't now as they go out for walks every day and my little one knows Twickenham really well, taking his dad to the library for example! They go to the park and down to Orleans house, when smaller the girls used to walk miles with them in the buggy and from 2 they walk which is fab for building their walking stamina)

123raquelita Sat 28-May-16 20:26:21

Thank you helterskelter99, thats one of the reasons I wasn't sure about Bright Beginnings, but its good to hear its actually a positive. One of the reasons we have moved here is because there are so many great outdoor options, so a shame not to use them! I so appreciate all these posts!

helterskelter99 Sun 29-May-16 16:09:15

wild education is starting a nursery but I think it's not a working parents nursery but a morning or pm session one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now