Secondary school safety

(6 Posts)
Tiggywinkle25 Thu 06-Oct-16 11:36:31

Hi there. Does anyone have children who travel over teddington lock to and from school and is it busy enough after school to be safe??? Huge thanks from stressed mum!!!

DorcasthePuffin Fri 07-Oct-16 00:55:59

Are you thinking of Grey Court School?

I'm told there are children who travel over there but I've never met any. I have a Y6 child and I must admit I've ruled out GC purely because of the walk. I know of one child at our school who considered going there last year, but in the end they chose not to because of the walk.

Sorry, I wish I could be more reassuring. I have heard there are more children who come over the other way, to get to Teddington school. I don't know if that's true.

LProsser Fri 07-Oct-16 08:33:13

Hi I am sometimes down by the Lock dogwalking at that time of day and I dont think you need to worry too much as there are plenty of people around at 3.30 ish with quite a few crossing back from Teddington School to Ham and Kingston. Would be a bit more wary after dark but cycling should be fine. I'd try to pop down there and have a look one afternoon.

Tiggywinkle25 Fri 07-Oct-16 09:18:26

Hello L Proser thanks for message, which is reassuring as I keep hearing murmurs and hearsays of 'dodgy' men hanging around there. Have done the trip several times but not at pickup time cos have to pick my own up but will endeavour to sort something on that front. Thanks for taking the time to post your comment..

LProsser Fri 07-Oct-16 12:53:00

No problem will reply to your Teddington School post when I get a minute!

Tiggywinkle25 Fri 07-Oct-16 21:11:16

Hmm.... intrigued to hear your comments to see if they tally with what Ive heard

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now