Local Talk

New and very lonely!

(7 Posts)
hohlee Thu 20-Oct-11 19:50:23

Hi everyone,

I've just moved to Byfield leaving all my friends and family a good 2 hours away and would love to meet up with some local mums as frankly I'm very lonely!

I have 2 boys, Josh 3 years old and James 22 months.

It's a bit weird begging for friends but short of sitting outside a train station with a note around my neck am not sure what else to do!

Holly

Atlastadragon Fri 11-Nov-11 22:24:42

Hi Holly

I live in Warwick and had to look up where Byfield was! Are there any closer towns nearer to where you are? (I am still not sure where you are exactly but you may be closer to Daventry/Northampton/Banbury?)

You could see if there are any toddler groups in your village, if that is your sort of thing?

Good luck!

Jojay Fri 11-Nov-11 22:27:52

Hiya, I live in Napton which is only a few miles from Byfield.

There's a good Children's Centre in Southam that runs a variety of groups.

I'd be happy to meet up if you want to - pm me smile

Heidijean Mon 21-Nov-11 15:31:06

Hi I'm just about to do the very same thing and move to warmington, leaving all friends and support groups on south east London.
Just looked on a map and byfield doesn't seem far from warmington.
I also have 2 boys, one is 2yr 3 months and the other 3 months.
Do u drive? Very happy to meet for cuppa and a natter! (moving over Xmas!)

pinkbuttercup Thu 24-Nov-11 18:54:11

Hiya,
I moved near Banbury in September leaving everyone I know 3 hours away also! It's wierd isn't it?! I have a 2 1/2 year and another due in less than 3 weeks (my daughter really misses all her friends). We'd love to meet up/ hear of any fun groups nearby, especially in the Banbury area.

Paula1972 Thu 05-Jan-12 16:05:51

Hi Holly,

I live in Banbury town and I have no local friends with young children either. I have 2 boys Dominic 3 + 3/4 and William 2 + 5 months.

Dominic is in pre-school mornings except Fridays, so that is my only restriction and I would love I meet up, do you drive?

Hear from you soon?

Regards
Paula Johnson

blibblibs Wed 11-Jan-12 17:06:25

Hi,
Not been living in this area long either, although from my limited geography knowledge you can't be that far away!
Would second if you are near Southam the childrens centre is great and they have something on most days. From the age of your kids I would say stay & play on a wednesday morning and messy play on a friday morning would be ideal for them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now