Local Talk

Hi any one from the Salisbury area?

(23 Posts)
Shirlwith3 Sat 30-Jun-07 08:42:39

Hi I am Shirl mum of 3, a son 15 & 2 girls 12 & 2yrs. Been married to Hubby 17yrs, Hubby is ex army and is now a plumber/gas engineer/ electrian. We live just north of Amesbury.
Any one fancy a chat feel free to contact me.
Shirl

BrightShinySun Thu 16-Aug-07 19:55:56

Hiya, realise its been a while since you posted but just thought I'd say Hi as I live in Salisbury! Just got married a couple of days ago in Gretna Green! Got one little girl who was 1 yestersay! Thats me so hello!

boysandtoria Thu 30-Aug-07 14:24:47

Hi

Toria mum of two In andover. Learning to drive but not ready for a test yet. Stay at home mum, of 30. Two DS 2 1/2 and 3 1/2.

Fancy a chat please email me

toria_moonlight@hotmail.com

Becki84 Fri 26-Oct-07 23:42:08

Hi, Married mum of 2, 5 year old boy and 6 month old baby girl - looking to find other mums to chat too ! grin

jellies Tue 06-Nov-07 10:34:19

Hi I'm also a married Mum of 3 boys, 4,3 and 3 months... am trying to decide if I need to go back to work!
Good to meet you all grin

toomanyballs Thu 08-Nov-07 14:16:49

Hi, I live north of Tidworth. I have 3 x DS (10,6 and 2)
SAHM and just about to start a business doing other peoples bookkeeping from home(fingers crossed)
My kids go to school in Andover so I am there alot too.
Did you get your builder Toria?

kyala Fri 11-Jan-08 21:24:40

Can I join in?!
25 YO SAHM of 2, both girls: 3 months and 2 1/2 years, in Salisbury.
Dressmaker and, with any luck, will be learning to drive at some point soon (thanks to DH getting me some vouchers for Xmas grin)
Anyone know of any toddler groups locally? We go to one but would like to go to more for DD1 (she's obviously bored with me and we can't afford nursery!)

Hope you all had a good xmas!

jellies Wed 27-Feb-08 17:26:50

Kyala did you find a nursery/ playgroup?

Hi there sorry haven't been watching this thread, it's been non-existent! Anywho, if you do drop in, I got DD1 into pre-school, am hopefully going to get the social inclusion fund to help (it should cover just over the cost of one session, so sending her twice a week) got to do a test afternoon at some point but she'll start in April so

maltesers Thu 25-Feb-10 09:51:37

Hello Salisbury and area mums. I live in Salisbury and would really like to meet older mums in particular. I have moved back here last June from Romsey in Hants after 10 years. Dont know that many psople here and want to make new friends. I have a 9 yr old ds and two grown up children of 19 and 21. I am very young at heart and work very part time as a fitness instructor so love to keep fit. Love coffee shops and shopping too, and bars.

Hi maltesers, sorry I didn't see your post before - the local boards have been rather dead. I'm Lisa, I'm one of the Salisbury mumsnet tsarinas, so just wanted to say welcome. I live in Bulford near Amesbury and have a DD 4yo and am having another on 22nd April.

Conkermum Mon 02-Aug-10 12:34:05

Hi thought I'd join in and see if anyone is out there! I'm a working (part time) mum of two boys- 3 and 9mnths. Living between Andover and Salisbury. Is anyone else in a similar area/ position?

wonka Wed 11-Aug-10 15:35:48

Hello conkermem, I'm in salisbury itself 3 boys older than yours also work pt.. you lived here long?

maltesers Mon 22-Nov-10 14:40:25

Ages since i posted here , so will refresh. . .
HELLO ! . .any older mums here. I live in the centre of Salisbury.
My youngest boy is 10 yrs. Would like to meet some new friends.. . . .

butterfly1985 Mon 29-Nov-10 08:57:56

Hi all! moving to Bulford in January, Husband in Army and we got a 6 week old baby girl..Just wondering if there's anyone who lives in Bulford Camp and what it's like, if there's any parent/baby groups etc?!

maltesers Mon 29-Nov-10 10:33:56

hello butterfly1985 Good luck with your move to Bulford in Jan. I live in Salisbury centre, so if you are visiting Salisbury (nearest big town) and want advice to find your way around i am happy to help.. . .
I have a 10 yr old and 2 grown up kids and Salisbury is my home town so i know my way round well. x

Alex71 Thu 16-Dec-10 13:02:55

hi Malteser,
I am Alex,39,live in salisbury, and have got 2 grown up kids 20 and 18 who dont live at home anymore and 2 girls who are 13 and 11, and our latest adittion our baby boy who is 9 weeks old.
If you ever fancy meeting up for coffee/chat just let me know!

bopbop Sat 22-Jan-11 18:56:41

Hello, moving to Salisbury (Harnham) in March,Hubby is RAF.I have 2 girls aged 7&5. Could do with some advice on schools etc & some friendly face's please!!

Giselle82 Wed 09-Mar-11 02:40:47

Hello every one, my name is Giselle, I am 28 years old, I am looking into meeting up with mums (friends) around Salisbury and surrounding areas for a chat and a coffe. My boyfriend is in the Army and we will be moving to Salisbury at the end of May. We have a 3 month old little girl. I am originally from Peru and speak Spanish but my english isnt bad at all so dont be put off but the language barrier . I am sure I will be able to teach you some spanish if you are up for it . Looking foward to hear from you.

Giselle

crispyseaweed Tue 05-Jul-11 11:53:50

Hi Alex71, Giselle, Bopbop , and everyone !.
, I was Maltesers, but changed my nickname.
Yes, it would be really nice to meet. I have 2 grown up kids, 20 and 23yrs and a son of 10yrs. His summer holiday goes on forever so it would be fabulous to get together and do something. Just a meet in crane street park (Elizabethan Gardens) would be great.

crispyseaweed Thu 28-Jul-11 10:21:16

bump bump

mizzymead Sat 15-Oct-11 15:39:13

I'm prob the oldest mum on here! 50 plus! Not sure if it's the right place for me yet, but give most things a try...
Moved to the area from Kent earlier this year, live between Salisbury and Romsey. Have a 22 year old (not at home) and a 16 year old who is at home and attending Sparsholt college. So if there happens to be anyone out there wanting to make new friends (as I do) and in similar circumstances (or not!), please get in touch....

mizzymead Tue 01-Nov-11 13:59:55

How was 'doing it' in Gretna? That's one of my possibilities when the time comes! What are the advantages/disadvantages of going up there? Would appreciate your views.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now