Meeting people and baby activities in Scottish Borders

(7 Posts)
Outforawalk Sun 01-May-16 13:10:46

I've recently moved to the Scottish Borders (near Melrose) due to my husband's work. I'm at home with a 5 month old baby and would really like to meet some other mums with babies and find out about local activities.
I think there might be something called Lazy Daisy but haven't been able to track down where/when so any tips appreciated (also sent them an email).
We do have a car/all terrain pushchair/ sling so would be great to hear from anyone who would like to meet for a walk or coffee.

Bobby94 Tue 17-May-16 13:00:41

Hi i have just moved to hawick i dont think its that from melrose im at home with my daughter whos 2 pm if you would like to chatsmile

mummakins Sat 18-Jun-16 22:11:18

Sent you a wee pm

sunShineonArainyDay35 Mon 12-Sep-16 13:46:59

Hello everyone,

My husband and I are moving to Peebles at the end of October with our 5 month old daughter. To be honest I'm feeling very nervous about our move! We are used to the hustle and bustle of the city and having lots of things to fill my maternity days with!
I would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction of any mother and baby groups..... Or just any coffee shops that sell good cake!!!! wink

LePub Tue 13-Sep-16 10:47:17

Peebles in not short of coffee shops. And they are all good. There is a group called Tiny Toes for babies that is on a Friday morning. Not sure of times but it may be on Facebook. Join the classes in Peeblesshire facebook page if you are on there and that will help you find stuff. Also health visitors have a list of toddler groups. There are toddler groups on almost every day in Peebles. PM me if you want any more info.

sunShineonArainyDay35 Tue 13-Sep-16 14:30:58

LePub, thank you so much for your quick response. Never used this before so was unsure if I'd get any replies!
It's good to hear there are a few things that me and my daughter can go to.
It would be lovely for us both to make some friends! The move is a little daunting! X

LePub Tue 13-Sep-16 16:28:25

Peebles is a lovely place, I'm sure you will settle in quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now