Local Talk

first timers in Sheffield

(8 Posts)
missy90 Sat 21-Jan-12 10:51:47

Hi there
I'm new to Sheffield and now new to pregnancy, is anyone else out there going through their first pregnancy? would be good to have other first timers to talk to smile
I'm still unsure of how you are supposed to write down your weeks but I'm 6weeks gone due in September.
Been looking at NCT classes etc (appreciate its still very early days for me) but are these things worth doing and are there any meet up groups /socials going on in the S17/S11 and surrounding areas?

Thanks!

Hulababy Sat 21-Jan-12 10:55:08

Welcome to Sheffield.

I also live in Sheffield, in S10, and there are quite a few Mumsnetters from Sheffield too, although most of them are on the main Mumsnet boards. The local boards are used but less frequently in my experience.

Sadly I cant help with the NCT classes, etc as my DD is now 9y, so it's a while since I needed pregnancy and baby groups, but hopefully someone with more information will be along shortly.

Just wanted to acknowledge your post and say hello!

NightLark Sat 21-Jan-12 11:00:55

Hi, I am also a bit out of date, but did do NCT classes in Sheffield, nearly 6 years ago now. The class I went to was really worth it, in terms of meeting people and having someone to talk to in the first weeks and months with a new baby. Plus just making the whole experience more 'real' somehow. It was held somewhere in S11 and had people coming from quite a distance IIRC.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

manfalou Mon 23-Jan-12 13:29:57

I'm from Chesterfield so about 25 mins away from you =) I teach Lazy Daisy Birthing Classes. And also baby classes as great way to form continuity of care =) I do weekly classes, couples workshops and 1-2-1 sessions x Email me samantha@lazydaisybirthing.co.uk if you'd like a bit of info xx

www.facebook.com/lazydaisychesterfield

sleeplessinderbyshire Mon 23-Jan-12 13:37:27

I'd thoroughly recommend these classes

http://www.keepmumsfit.com/

I went in my first pregnancy when I live in sheffield and am debating signing up again and communting there this time. Kate is an amzing instructor and I met lots of lovely people

emmiel89 Sun 05-Feb-12 17:18:50

Hi Missy90
Ive lived in Sheffield all my life but am also new to pregnancy, how are you finding it? Ive seen an NCT class in Sheffield but think it starts from 12 or 13 weeks pregnant. Im due in October but have yet to go to the doctors. How are you finding Sheffield?

hefner Sat 18-Feb-12 11:05:45

Hi missy. I did an NCT antenatal class (my DD is 7 months now) and it was brilliant. It made me feel much more prepared, and I also found the NCT great for breastfeeding support, although this is available to non members too. I did pregnancy yoga classes and really enjoyed it. I'm still in touch with quite a few people I met there, it's a really good way to meet others with babies around the same age. My class was in Walkley but I'm sure there will be others closer to you.

Jennifer209 Fri 22-Jun-12 15:28:19

Hi, im due 20th september with my first and from the s12 region smile
Just started NCT classes in Hackenthorpe and been doing a Pregnancy Yoga DVD at home!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now