Local Talk

Jobs and salaries in Sheffield

(2 Posts)
WantToMoveNorth Wed 08-Feb-12 15:21:10

Hi,

I currently live in Surrey and my husband commutes into london. My dream is to move to Sheffield, as I went to university there and I love the city. What I'm trying to find out is what is a comfortable salary in sheffield, as I guess you need less than in london? I'm on mat leave at the moment and don't plan to return work for a couple of years so we are really reliant on my husbands salary. My husband currently earns £100k, so what is an equivalent salary in Sheffield? He is a director for a marketing agency, do these kind of jobs exist in Sheffield?

I just don't know where to start and I'm desperate to move!

Thanks in advance

Hulababy Wed 08-Feb-12 18:12:33

I have no idea re the jobs in that area.

However some jobs in Sheffield do command £100k+ salaries, and there are a fair few people in Sheffield earning these kind of wages.

As to how much you need - well, it depends where you want to live, type of schooling, lifestyle, etc.

Have a look on Right Move at house prices. The more expensive areas are generally in the SW areas I guess, postcodes S10, S11 and S17, etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now