Local Talk

Walking Sheffield to Cape Town

(1 Post)
LongWellWalk Sat 07-Jul-12 22:13:41

I hope you don't mind me posting on here but it gets terribly quiet over in the charities corner - I'd just like to signpost to a new Sheffield based charity if that's alright, which is aiming to raise awareness of the need for clean water and fundraise for new wells in African communities.

We will be at various local festivals and events (that don't get rained off), including Tramlines coming up. The main beneficiaries of this will be women and the under 5s, so we are hoping to include fun family activities along the way (all suggestions are very welcome). The next things coming up are a charity dinner and a firewalk at Weston Park.

The link on the charities board is here but you can also find more information on facebook or twitter @longwellwalk, and hopefully in the local press as things progress.

Any questions, support or help gratefully recieved, and please pass this onto any friends who might be interested. Thanks very much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now