Local Talk

Hairdressers that can deal with toddlers!!

(7 Posts)
miasheff Tue 20-Nov-12 11:58:24

Does anyone know of a good (patient) local hairdresser who could deal with a very stroppy 2 year old...who has had the worst haircut by his terrible mother (me) and needs rescuing by someone who actually knows what they are doing smile

SouthernBird Tue 20-Nov-12 18:03:21

I'll ask around, though from memory the toddler friends we have (plus our own 2 yo DS) get distracted by telly or bath toys with some sort of home-made haircut effort. Would it be for a girl or boy? (though not sure if that makes a difference)

miasheff Tue 20-Nov-12 20:21:06

Thanks,he's a boy with incredibly thick hair and he was in the bath with his toys when i gave him his awful haircut. I now just need to find someone who might be able to make it better (at least even) but like most 2 year olds he can't sit still for long and doesn't really like anyone 'messing' with his hair...

SouthernBird Sat 24-Nov-12 22:37:41

I just thought I'd let you know, I just come up with blanks on the hairdressers - everyone I know just does it themselves for the first few years, some just manage to do it a little neater than others (or ome are happier with slightly scruffy and dishevelled - like us smile )

CountessMeersbrookula Wed 28-Nov-12 23:34:38

I don't know whereabouts you are, but the hairdresser on chesterfield road opposite lidl has done some very nice haircuts for my ds. Also the barbers near Pop's in nether edge, they didn't cut his hair but he was in when dh was having his done and they were really really nice with him. I just keep posting mini cheddars in his mouth, it's all good. Or failing that, matalan have some nice hats in ATM wink

Hulababy Sat 20-Apr-13 07:49:55

I saw a very young boy with autism having his hair cut at Easy Barber on Ecclesall Road a month or so ago, whilst DH was in there. The staff were lovely with him, and he was really upset initially, but they talked to him, showed him everything, and by the end he was smiling and having his hair cut. Might be worth a try?

Rooble Mon 22-Apr-13 14:08:14

I don't know what "local" means to you, but my DS has gone to Mint barbers in Totley Brook Road (S17) ever since his first birthday. He is excellent at putting v small children at ease, not to mention giving them a great haircut.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now