Local Talk

I'm thinking of having a go at climbing

(4 Posts)
SouthernBird Thu 29-Nov-12 13:44:55

I've done a spot of caving before and quite like the idea of trying out climbing or bouldering, especially with so many fab rocks on our doorstep.

Does anyone want to join me as a climbing novice?
or
Does anyone already climb and would be happy to take me under their wing?

We live in S8 (so The Climbing Works isn't to far from us), I'm 36 and we have two mountain goats boys aged 2 and 6.

(oh, and I'm reasonably skint so may not be able to fork out on alot of kit for the moment)

Sheffieldclimberclaire Wed 23-Jan-13 16:27:16

Hey there SouthernBird

I have climbed for 17 years and love it!
I would happily 'show you the ropes' (ha ha) but not for a few months as I am currently preggers.
From about august I will be heading to the Works for regular daytime sessions, and am happy to help you learn. Let me know if you are still keen nearer the time maybe?

Hulababy Fri 25-Jan-13 21:19:26

My 10y DD climbs at The Edge and has done for a couple of years or so. She loves it. Always seems very friendly.

SouthernBird Sun 27-Jan-13 22:52:32

Great! I might just take you up on that Sheffieldclimberclaire. It would be good to see how it all works there, as our two boys are keen tree climbers already so might well be up for the kids sessions there too when they're old enough.

And The Edge looks cool too, thanks Hulababy, might look into there too and that looks quite useful that they hire equipment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now