Local Talk

Is it just me?

(5 Posts)
mrsarbuckle Tue 04-Dec-12 08:22:23

I like to think I'm a good person. I work part time in teaching, have a great sense of humour and generally am very accepting of people. I help out when I can and am slways friendly and approachable. Ok I,m fat and totally untrendy, am not into X factor etc and am totally non materialistic but WHY am I such a social pariah on the bloody school run? Are there any decent and friendly women left in Sheffield? I know I should rise above it but it really gets me down. x

WalkleyCags Tue 11-Dec-12 11:31:30

Ooh, you sound like me and all my friends (apart from our kids do their own school run these days). Perhaps you live in the wrong bit of town.

Personally I'd ignore the unfriendly school mums. There must be at least one potential "partner in crime" who feels the same way as you there. If not, ignore the bitches and find lovely friends elsewhere xxx

SouthernBird Sat 12-Jan-13 20:05:18

I can't stand X factor either. Thankfully we've got quite a friendly bunch at the school gate, and enough people that I don't have to pretend I'm trendy to fit in.

Allison3108 Tue 22-Jan-13 17:24:57

What school is it? I'm not really a talkative mum on the school run but I wouldn't let it bother you ..

Hulababy Fri 25-Jan-13 21:18:21

I guess it must depend on where you are.
I am in Sheffield, DD now in Y6 - but have always been fine on the school run and chatted to waiting parents.
I also work in a primary school in the city and the playground always seems friendly enough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now