Advice. On moving to Shefield

(5 Posts)
wdalby Thu 09-Jun-16 22:43:17

Hi, I am thinking about moving to SHEFIELD as London rents are ridiculous and not giving me or my daughter any quality of life as all my wage goes on rent. I can get aapply for a role at my company in their SHEFIELD branch, but cannot move without a place to go fit and I need to apply for a school too but have no address inn he fields, as anyone's. One this move, if so what advice can you offer?On what I should do first... Please help!!!!

Rooble Fri 10-Jun-16 12:15:24

Didn't 100% understand your post, but the logical order would be:
1) get job offer
2) decide where in Sheffield you want to live
3) find a home
4) apply for schools.

You can't apply for schools until you have proof of address - eg sale agreement or tenancy agreement.
It's a lovely place to live so good luck.

Hulababy Fri 10-Jun-16 18:16:42

Assuming the job is being sorted, do you know Sheffield? Have any links here?

What are your requirements:
* age of child?
* any particular school needs/preferences - state, independent, other factors?
* location - close to city, outskirts, etc
* house, flat, detached, semi, terrace, etc?
* buy or rent?
* number of bedrooms/bathrooms required?
* garden preferences?

I personally love Sheffield. I moved her 20 years ago and wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

esherry Sat 24-Sep-16 16:18:36

HI there, I wonder if you could give me some insights as someone who has lived in Sheffield for years. I would like to buy a house in sheffield with a view to letting it out for about 2/3 year and then moving there myself with my family in tow. Being able to rent it out it really important as it will need to pay for itself and it would also need to be in an area nice enough for me to want to live there too when I do move. I'd like a min of 3 beds, a house rather then apt and one were I could get my kids into good local schools. I know...a ridiculously tall order but I can aim high and then work back down from there !! Budget c. 160k plus refurb. Any advice would be gratefully received! Cheerio Ali

Rooble Sat 24-Sep-16 19:41:56

I can see a house for 159,950 on rightmove which is in Nether Edge - schools there vg, decent parks, good access to the city centre, very mixed and lively community...
You'd actually be best visiting and driving round some areas to get a feel for them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now