Local Talk

Cub uniform.

(3 Posts)
bullet234 Thu 19-May-11 12:16:24

Please could anyone tell me if there is anywhere local that is likely to sell cub scout uniforms (just the sweater). Ds1 has joined the cubs, with his investiture being the Monday just gone. I ordered a sweater for him online the previous Wednesday, which didn't arrive. Luckily the Scout leaders lent him one of the investiture. As of today it still hasn't arrived. I've trawled into town and none of the shops seem to sell the unifrom. I've looked in the local paper. I have been given a link to a school uniform stockist in Shrewsbury that may or may not still exist and may or may not sell the cub uniforms anyway. The Cub Scout leader said she thought a stall in the market sold them, but didn't seem very sure and I couldn't find them when I went to look the other day (but I have sod all observing skills).
I really don't want to risk ordering online again, especially with no guarantee delivery times. Are there any places nearby that I can just buy from the shop?

lily6 Thu 19-May-11 21:37:45

The shop that used to sell cub uniforms in Shrewsbury has closed - Hares. Try Wellington market Open Tue 9am-5pm; Thu-Fri 9am-4pm; Sat 9am-4:30pm

They have the uniform. http://www.1stbrookside.org.uk/parents/uniforms/ - You can buy Cub jumpers and Scout shirts from Wellington market.

bullet234 Fri 20-May-11 19:45:10

Hares would have been ideal. It's now a bookshop isn't it.
Thank you for the heads up re Wellington market. Someone is sending me a cub sweater now, but if I need to get a replacement I now know where to go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now