Local Talk

Local groups

(5 Posts)
Amie78 Fri 02-Mar-12 14:16:14

HI Does anyone know of good friendly baby / toddler groups within the Shrews area, have a 3 year old and another on the way. Thanks xx

There are loads of really good groups at the Surestart Centres. Their number is 452400 if you want to get more details of what's on near to you. They do have loads of sessions to choose from, and there's something on every day.

Rhythm Time is really popular with everyone I know, although I haven't done it. They're on Facebook. Great for babies and older toddlers alike I think.

Also, the main library has a Rhyme Time type session which DD used to quite enjoy when she was younger. I think that's on a Monday.

HTH. Are you new to the area or just looking for inspiration?

Amie78 Fri 02-Mar-12 15:17:36

Great thankyou, thats really helpful. Ive seen lots of things going on, and heard about diff groups, not new to the area but wondered if there was anything in particular that ppl could recommend, theres so much choice! thx again

TartyMcFarty Sun 10-Jun-12 11:39:24

The best toddler group I've found is at the URC in Coleham on a Tues morning (10-12). Lots of activities, really welcoming volunteers (the parents can be a bit cliquey but I've just dragged a few friends along).

I find the Sure Start group I've tried recently, and one I went to when DD was tiny, very cliquey and unwelcoming, though the one Stetsons refers to was great (PM if you want the details).

Amie78 Sat 11-Aug-12 22:12:02

Thank you, I've tried some of the surestart groups , they have been lovely so far. I know what you mean about cliquey groups though! do people realise they are being like that I wonder!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now