Local Talk

dreading the school gates!!!

(2 Posts)
SloughCow Mon 03-Sep-12 18:56:42

hi, my son started at school last year and i havent been able to make friends with any of the parents at the sch[ool gates.
my son himself is very sociable and has an army of friends surrounding him but i just rush out as i dont belong to the groups of any of the mums
im not looking forward to the dropping off or picking up for that reason, but will have to obviously.

jans18 Wed 03-Oct-12 19:36:00

As I have had the same problem I can't really help you. It's miserable when they are unfriendly. With son number one I had no problems making friends, with son number two, people cut me dead confused. As I was much the same person with both kids I can only think it was that yummy-mummy cliques had already formed and my face didn't fit for some reason. If I had really wanted to make contact, like if it was my first child and I didn't know any other parents at all, I'd have bitten the bullet and joined the PTA or volunteered to run a tombola at the fundraisers. Have no idea if that would have worked, but I might have tried. Don't take it to heart, sounds just rather unlucky. Whatever you do, don't totally give up as there may be some others who are in the same situation as you but you haven't met them yet smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now