Local Talk

moving to somerset with a 3.5 and a 1 year old

(4 Posts)
narmtulus Tue 05-Mar-13 22:05:42

hello everybody,
i'm new to this so hope will get it right. we are looking to relocate to somerset in 2 months' time and would like to ask for advice on where to find a family friendly place with a good primary school between Taunton and Bristol?we would need easy access to M5.Any advice on Bridgwater,Burnham-on-Sea, Weston-Super-Mare?wouldn't mind living rural either.many thanks for your posts in advance.

pipsqueakz Fri 08-Mar-13 23:13:25

Hi we have just moved to clevedon and would definitely recommend it. Its close to m5 its quiet everyone seems really friendly and helpful definitely worth a look oh and schools are good I hear the pre schools and nursery are too my youngest is 2 eldest is 10.

narmtulus Sat 09-Mar-13 19:14:55

thank you for your response pipsquekz.i have been looking at clevedon too as well as portishead. which nursery/preschool would you suggest?also are there any areas within clevedon you would/would not recommend?we are going down to have a look at some properties after easter.

pipsqueakz Sat 09-Mar-13 23:18:58

I don't actually think I have seen any rough areas since moving here. We used to live in taunting did for 8years but it was a bit of a dive wherever you went tbh. Am finding clevedon very good. Quiet with small town but cribbs and bristol city center etc are only ten mins drive and frequent buses. My older two go to Yeomoor Primary they have a website.and there is a playgroup within the school. If you watch broard church you will see alot of clevedon our school was in it too with david tennant lol. Hope this helps smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now