Local Talk

feeling bit low :( need a coffee n a chat

(25 Posts)
pipsqueakz Sat 09-Mar-13 10:20:50

Hi all, have just moved to clevedon with my three children ds 9 ds 2 dd 8 and very poorly husband. It can feel very isolating at times as am my husbands full time carer im just good old mummy and wife Which i accept its all part of package. Sounding selfish now arn't i. Just want a bit of different atmosphere meet ppl for a chat n a coffee.

AddictedIsHere Wed 20-Mar-13 10:15:53

Hi, I've just seen this, I'm in weston which isnt too far away, just 10 minutes down the motorway. pm me if you want to meet up x

pipsqueakz Tue 02-Apr-13 17:11:54

Hi how are u hope you had good Easter. Do u have children how old? Thanks for getting back to me

cjel Wed 24-Apr-13 17:14:45

Hi Pips am older then you (53) but have grandchildren 12,7,6,3, and 18months around a lot am in portishead and don't work. run toddlers and mentor teenagers. Would love to meet up if still want to?

Williamandgracesmummy Thu 02-May-13 17:06:13

Hiya looking to meet new friends too I've just moved to clevedon pm me if you fancy a chat x

pipsqueakz Fri 10-May-13 08:24:23

Hi William&gracesmummy.How are you? I don't know how to pm am on my mobile. Where in clevedon are you? How are you finding clevedon? How old are your dc's?

Williamandgracesmummy Fri 10-May-13 16:22:30

I'm ok thanks having a tough time with the kids their routine is all to pot with the move so not much sleep going on in this household! They are 2 and almost 9 months clevedon is ok we have been to a few groups already and people seem nice it's hard being the newbie though..... How you feeling now? How is your hubby? Are you on Facebook? Here's my profile add me if you like ...... https://m.facebook.com/#!/leanne.came?ref=m_notif¬if_t=group_activity&__user=512008365

pipsqueakz Sat 11-May-13 22:33:05

I'm not on facebook. Hubby touch wood is doing okay I've learnt a new acupressure technique which seems to help him so fingers crossed we will stay at a steady level. I'm having a bit of a time of it at mo with our youngest he managed to climb out of his cot early hours this morning think transition from cot to bed is needed! And had the MMR jab this week for him and my eldest son. Think the eldest made the most fuss though lol. I don't know of any mum n toddler groups I'm guessing the barn may do something but am meeting my new HV next week.

Williamandgracesmummy Sun 12-May-13 13:29:52

That's good. We moved Our eldest into his bed after my c section he took to it really well so I hope it goes ok. I've been to the barn it's ok not the friendliest of places there are a few church groups where people seem to be a bit more friendly hopefully the hv might know of some groups to go to let me know how it goes x

pipsqueakz Sun 12-May-13 14:43:29

OK thanks will do. My daughter has just started brownies at Christchurch Methodist Church, I may see if they run a mum and toddler group.
Hope your having a relaxing weekend and I'd say enjoying the weather but doesn't seem quite so nice this afternoon.

Williamandgracesmummy Sun 12-May-13 20:21:57

I think they do a toddler group there but I'm unsure of the details would be good to find out about it let me know. Weekend has been spent seeing the inlaws which has been nice, how about yours?

pipsqueakz Sun 12-May-13 20:34:14

I will do, we had a quiet one usual Sunday roast and lazy day. Well for dh and the Bambinos. I've been doing the usual running round getting school uniforms clean n ironed for tomorrow and housework. So tempted to go on strike Lol. And youngest isn't his usual self. He had his MMR on Wednesday I'm guessing its a side effect. Will be keeping close eye.
I may look at the church in town (by morrisons) for mum n toddler too.
I'm Anna by the way.

Williamandgracesmummy Sun 12-May-13 20:47:11

The church in town runs a toddler group on a Tuesday and a Thursday morning however the Tuesday sessions may end because they don't have enough volunteers, there is a waiting list just pop in on a Tuesday or Thursday morning and ask to put your name down they will let you stay for the session that day too. I have a list of a few in the area a lady gave me at a group. I'm Leanne nice to meet you smile

pipsqueakz Sun 12-May-13 20:54:49

Nice to meet you too Leanne.
I need to get my little one into a toddler environment he needs to meet other kids his age as being with mummy all the time and starting nursery September is gonna be a struggle. Plus I don't know many other mums in clevedon school playground is a bit clicky I find plus don't hang around long as hubby poorly so need to get back to him. Can be difficult at times.

Williamandgracesmummy Sun 12-May-13 21:06:09

smile It must be hard for you looking after him and the children full time. I'm ways up for meeting up and getting out with the children I used to go out to a few groups where we lived before I think it was good for the children to mix but I find it nice to be able to get out and meet other mums too. My little sister goes to school around here (St. John's) I think my mum found it hard to meet others a at the school when they first moved here.

pipsqueakz Sun 12-May-13 21:22:19

My two older dc's are at Yeomoor I'm guessing your opinion of the barn is similar to my opinion of Yeomoor but its still early days I suppose. The teachers and support the kids get is fantastic so Mich better then their previous school. But probably because I'm the newbie lol.
Right I'll catch up soon. Have good week smile

Williamandgracesmummy Tue 14-May-13 10:23:26

It is early days we will see, have a nice week speak to you soon x

pipsqueakz Tue 14-May-13 10:47:52

HV has been she wasn't much help tbh she was new not my usual hv.
Quite demanding and ubrupt, I kindly showed her the door and will see when my usual HV is available.
I will have a look on line at mum n toddler don't fancy the weather today to go out and about so DVD and painting day for lil man and I til the school run.
Have a good week. x

Williamandgracesmummy Tue 14-May-13 16:19:27

That's a shame that she wasn't muchhelp. There is a group on at the barn tomorrow I think I might go to that in the afternoon to much time in with the kids drives me nuts!

pipsqueakz Tue 14-May-13 19:19:17

Cool, what time does that start and how long is it on for?

Williamandgracesmummy Tue 14-May-13 20:37:43

I completely forgot I'm going to a birthday party tomorrow so I won't be going after all its 1.30-2.45 but there is another group on there on Friday morning if you fancy going with us

pipsqueakz Wed 15-May-13 13:28:30

I will see what I have planned enjoy the birthday party. I'll keep u posted smile

pipsqueakz Fri 17-May-13 15:52:57

I completely forgot it was Friday today and toddler group at the barn.

Williamandgracesmummy Mon 20-May-13 20:19:51

Heya how have you been?

pipsqueakz Tue 21-May-13 12:12:03

Hey have been good thanks. Did you have good weekend with your Bambinos? Weather been lovely. I've been busy looking for some part time work. How about you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now