Local Talk

dd 8 has leg pain

(5 Posts)
pipsqueakz Sun 10-Mar-13 11:39:37

Hi all and happy mothers day! Just a quick one need some advice dd complains at times of leg pain iv been room see our gp And he tells me its growing pains im worried its bugging me but my gp is always Good but mothers instinct tells me different Any advice?

notsorockinhippy Mon 11-Mar-13 01:07:26

It could well be just growing pains, but I'm all for trusting your instinct with our DCs health, its not failed me yet & I've had similar from our GP too - I was right.

It might not be relevant, but worth mentioning just incase - is your DD quite bendy? - google Beighton Score to see if she might be - I say that, because if you too are extra flexible, you may not know what is actually normal IYSWIM - is she good at gymnastic, ballet etc etc

My DDs leg pain, stomach trouble & exhaustion turned out to be Joint Hypermobility Syndrome - took us years to get a diagnosis as it was also put down to growing pains & then IBS too - neither DH nor I had heard of it, nor did we realise she was bendy as she isn't super flexible, but does score highly on the Beighton Test - turns out its normal for us as we are overly flexible too & its a hereditary condition -

might be something for you to look into, if not I'm sure others will be along with other ideas too

notsorockinhippy Mon 11-Mar-13 09:18:56

Just realised you posted this in your "local" site - it showed up in unaswered messages, so i spotted it, but it might not be spotted again only by those who visit your local site - as its a general question, you are probably best off re posting on the main site - you'll get a lot more replies

good luck

pipsqueakz Mon 11-Mar-13 21:06:51

Ok thanks am new to this smile

notsorockinhippy Mon 11-Mar-13 21:42:56

If you look at the top right corner, you will see a green "go to mumsnet" bar, click that & you'll be on the main site - good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now