Warm Swimming Pools for Babies in Somerset

(8 Posts)
Hormonal1 Mon 11-Apr-16 15:22:35

Hi, I'd like to take my daughter swimming (she's 4 months) but want to test out whether she likes it before booking baby swimming lessons. Does anyone have a recommendation of a warmish swimming pool please? Thanks in advance.

milvertonmummy Thu 02-Jun-16 19:40:18

We like Weston (Hutton Moor) and there is the pool in Street. I wouldn't bother with Brean until your DD can walk as it is more of a fun area because the deepest part is only about 12-18 inches.......

qwom Thu 11-Aug-16 19:12:49

Crewkerne has a great little baby pool! Where are you based? :-)

Monstamio Thu 11-Aug-16 21:09:57

The baby pool at strode in street is boiling! Definitely the warmest I've been to. Or you can just invest in one of those baby wraps and take her in a normal pool. I did that from about six weeks and my daughter loves swimming now.

nilbyname Fri 12-Aug-16 07:03:53

Crewkerne
Axminster/ this has a hydra pool and it's like a bath

HanShotFirst Fri 12-Aug-16 11:17:05

Street (the strode swimming pool) is really warm. I haven't been there in years as we go to Street, but my SIL says that Wells is cold, but it could be because she's comparing it to the street one.

morningpaper Fri 12-Aug-16 22:17:39

Another vote for street! (Greenbanks)

CiderwithBuda Sat 13-Aug-16 10:30:43

Morningpaper! A blast from the past! How are you?

Did a double take when I noticed your name on the MN Local thread!

Nice to see you! I think last time I saw you on here you were trying to decide on a house to buy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now