Moving to somerset

(3 Posts)
Katieat Wed 20-Apr-16 20:39:21

Hi all. We want to nrelocate to Somerset with our 2 kids. Where should we look/avoid? We want more rural than we have now as near London but not isolated with nothing to do or nothing for kids as they grow and become teenagers. Other forums mentioned canningtyon and bishops lydeard. Any thoughts/opinions welcome.

passingdragon Wed 20-Apr-16 21:19:32

There are lots of things going on for children/ teenagers in Yeovil and Taunton. Taunton is basically made up of villages which have become part of Taunton but on the edge of Taunton are two villages which still feel villagy (Trull and Monkton Heathfield) which have good primary schools and feed into ofsted outstanding secondary schools - although there is a lot of new housebuilding so catchments could change. For teenagers they are both close enough to Taunton that they could cycle in and I think there are decent buses to both but I don't use them so I couldn't say for sure.

Monkton Heathfield is closer to Hankridge where there is bowling and a cinema and Trull is closer to Taunton centre and the train station.

Sinotti Sun 01-May-16 23:03:03

Hi we moved to wells from s London with 2 toddlers, we've found there's so much to keep us busy, we feel well connected to larger cities but quite enough to enjoy muddy fields. We are so glad we made the move though. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now