School advice - moving to Yeovil

(5 Posts)
Beliv Sat 20-Aug-16 16:37:29

Hello, we are moving to Yeovil shortly and I'm after some primary school advice... I have seen the ofsted results for the schools in the area but am well aware an outstanding school doesn't necessarily mean it is a school you would want your child to attend!! Our current area is a schooling minefield😜. Just wondered if there are any schools you would recommend or even recommend we avoid? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated 😀

LambethWalk Mon 12-Sep-16 23:13:03

Hi - it sort of depends where you are in Yeovil and which years your children are looking to join. Have you asked the council about available spaces in schools? Also ask about nearby village schools - parts of Yeovil are in the catchment for these schools.

There are two new primaries which have just opened in Yeovil so the situation is changing but on the plus side it means that there is more capacity.

nilbyname Tue 13-Sep-16 21:49:47

Huish, Preston and trinity have good reputations and are nice schools that perform well.

I personally wouldn't be keen to send my kids to st Michaels academy or millford infants/juniors. Quite challenging catchments, and patchy achievement. IMO

Beliv Tue 04-Oct-16 20:27:50

Thank you for your replies. The council said I had to go to the schools direct! None of the schools have places at the moment for my two! They also said I can't apply until we have a move date, which is a pain when you are waiting for your house purchase to go through sad I'm planning on applying for Huish and Trinity as we will be in their catchment, so thank you Nilbyname smile
I have a daughter that is in year 5 and a son in year 3.
What are the 2 new primarys called Lambethwalk?
Thanks again for your replies smile

nilbyname Wed 05-Oct-16 13:48:21

I think one is called primrose lane and the other I'm not sure. One is run by the Preston academy trust and the other is Huish academy trust.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now