Local Talk

Nurseries in or near Lanark

(5 Posts)
notasausage Fri 07-Jan-11 12:42:45

Hello,

Doesn't look too busy on this board but if anyone is out there can you please tell me about nurseries in Lanark. We are moving to the area at the end of March and I have a 2yo DD.

JMWright Wed 02-Feb-11 12:55:15

Hi

We moved to Lanark at the end of last year, and had to find a nursery too. We viewed a couple and opted for Grand-y-care on Hyndford Road. Melanie is the owner and is really passionate about the nursery. Our little girl (19 months old) has settled in really well and seems to really like her key worker. All the feedback I have had from other mums has been really possitive.

I have also been recommended Clyde Valley Kindergarten, which is just outside Lanark, was just a bit too far for us.

Hope this helps! Good luck with the move, and please let me know if you ever fancy meeting up for coffee.

Cheers

Jo

notasausage Sat 05-Mar-11 17:13:35

Thanks for the reply. We considered both of these but eventually opted for what was our last choice (on paper) because Clyde Valley couldn't take us and Grand-y-care was too pricey. DD will start at Little People on the High Street in April. Was really impressed with their set up, the manager is lovely and the staff made a big fuss of DD when we went to look round.

Might well take you up on the coffee when we move. I'm technically a local but not lived in Lanark for 12 years so don't really know anyone there anymore. Any tips on toddler groups also appreciated grin

Thanks

fifi28 Mon 14-Jan-13 14:44:03

Hi - We are moving to Lanark in February so just wondered if you are still happy with choices - I need to start booking appointments - Any other advise ref childcare/local info would be much appreciated. Our little one will be three in April....
Many Thanks

DebbieChildminderandmum Mon 18-Feb-13 21:37:39

Hi there
I have just read your note and thought i'd mention that there are lots of childminders in the Lanark/Carluke area (myself included) who are very committed professional childcarers, myself included.
My service operates Monday-Friday, 8am to 6pm, as with other childminding services, am able to transport children to and from nursery as well as care for the children for the rest of the day (if they are just at nursery for their funded 2.5hr daily sessions). Often this method of childcare can work out more beneficial for families both financially (I have recently discovered that some private nurseries are charging almost double the hourly rate than that of a childminder) and for the children as they can benefit from attending nursery and also enjoy the home from home setting offered by a childminder and a variety of activites and outings available daily.
I hope all goes well with your move to Lanark, please feel free to contact me if you'd like any further information regarding childminding services.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now