Moving to East Kilbride with a 1,2 and 4yr old

(5 Posts)
rebeccalfairbairn Fri 08-Apr-16 10:36:31

Hello. Hope you can help. We are moving to East Kilbride in June. Firstly I need school nursery and primary school recommendations for my 4yr old and nearly 3yr old. Where is good and what is not good? Also if you could recommend fun things to do in the area with young kids. Leisure clubs, nice parks/walks etc. Afternoon clubs such as kids yoga, gymnastics, ballet, rugby tots etc. Any info would be much appreciated. Thank you

MadameCumberbatchio Sun 17-Apr-16 22:17:45

East Kilbride is a large place so mostly your school/nursery requirements will be based on where you live as most kids go to their local schools.
Which area of EK are you moving to? Calderwood, St Leonards, Lindsayfield, Stewartfield, The Murray..... there is genuinely a list of areas as long as your arm!

Theres lots of kids clubs centred in school halls, churches, sports centres etc. And the local swimming baths is the Dollan Aqua Centre.

Calderglen country park is beautiful. Has a great playpark and small childrens zoo. There is also lots of fantastic nature trails down the river.
EK is very pedestrian friendly, best way to get to grips with it is to get out with the kids and go exploring!

KnumbNuts Sat 23-Apr-16 22:53:42

Agree Calderglen country park is beautiful. Has a great new playpark opened Easter2016, and has a small childrens zoo too.

Mini rugby within this park also, as are kids football training for age 3+ at K Park training academy with same park.

rebeccalfairbairn Tue 26-Apr-16 07:02:07

Hi thank you for all your help. We are moving to just beside the kings gate retail park. Are there any nurserys you recomend? Especially attached to primary's so I'm not driving all over the place every morning. Thank you smile

MadameCumberbatchio Wed 11-May-16 21:44:51

If you're near the kingsgate I'd assume you're either in Stewartfield or West Mains. Most kids go to the schools nearest their house so just have a look at whats nearest. The primary schools are all much of a muchness there's no outstandingly poor or brilliant ones imho.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now